Anyone have a book w/ GM part #s?

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
Looking for info on part #s 461860 & 461859

They are a LH & RH lower control arm but I'm not sure for what car they are. They are for a front steering car, I was thinking 3rd gen Camaro or maybe a ElCamino but it's not a 3rd gen camaro I think, the 3rd gen arms, to the best of my knowledge are the same as a 2nd gen arm only 1/2" shorter to the ball joint, these are also narrower between the bushings. it's the upper arm in the pic, the lower is a 2nd gen camaro one. I'm thiking 78-87 ElCamino, Malibo, Monte Carlo...?? Anyone have data to confirm what they are? They are for a front steering car, that's for sure. Set up for a front cradle/subframe with no cross shafts and press fit ball joints.

249f0e410c5ed4.jpg

249f0e4113fa80.jpg

249f0e411aff7c.jpg

They don't look anything like the arms from my 84 Gran Prix so I don't think they are from an ElCamino

The part numbers you noted are either incorrect or discontinued parts - they are not active numbers in the GM system.

The lack of shaft does not make the arm for sub-frame or FWD: GM lower control arms for full-frame rear wheel drive cars do not have cross shafts in them and use press-in ball joints. Most GM FWD cars use struts - the arms shown are set up for shocks and springs like a conventional RWD car or truck (they have spring pockets and holes for shock attachment). Since they do not appear to be pre-75 GM A-Body or B-Body, they could be 80s-90s S-10 series light truck (that's about the only thing GM made in those decades that used springs and shocks on the front suspension).

Lars, the 82-92 Camaro uses struts but has arms that are the same as the S-10 and G body arms, except for the bushing sizes. Somehow all 3td Gen F bodies have arms set up for shocks and springs, they only use the spring, the shock is in the McPherson strut.

However, they are not S-10 or G body arms because the bushing ends are not spaced the same as the 2nd gens and the 3rd and 2nd gen arms interchange except for the 1/2" shaft to ball joint difference (neat trick to get more camber dialed in)

i can't find the numbers either, I was hoping someone would have an old GM parts book.