Never have seen it before so I had to buy it

cajos1968

I came across some torque bars on the flea bay (63-76??) never seen them before so I had to buy them, dirt cheap to.

Any body have any info on them:

100_1325.jpg

100_1327.jpg

Hi

Looks like if the central plate is boltet to the leaf spring mounting and both arms running fwd to the crossframe, where the arm brackets get welded to.

I have the single bar version without rubber cushions.

Rgds. Günther

Looks like this can easily be fabricated - just like the spreader bar..... do you think it makes a huge difference ? What is this supposed to do ?
I think if this was such a brilliant idea and a major improvement all the vendors would offer this.... not ??

Looks like this can easily be fabricated - just like the spreader bar..... do you think it makes a huge difference ? What is this supposed to do ?
I think if this was such a brilliant idea and a major improvement all the vendors would offer this.... not ??

I agree, I could not figger out WTF about it, now that it's esplained I dunno what in hell ....WHY??

:hissyfit:

I had the same thing. ;-) It supposed to be a torque/traction bar for a corvette supporting.
the differential during major acceleration:
The add:

"Corvette 1963-1979 Drag Race torque bars/traction bars . If you are taking your 1963 to 1979 Corvette with iron case to the Drag Strip (not recommended!) then these bars are the classic fix to remove stress from the diff nose bracket and prevent start line judder of the differential and bridge asembly.

In really horrible condition, these bars were removed from a 1964 on which we did a chassis restortion. They will need new bushes made, and one of the bars straightened. The front brackets must welded to the X-member, while the rear bracket bolts under the spring. "

Basically keep it straight during launch. It's a race rarity and I am going to put in on the Vette. It needs new bushings and I wonder where I can get them. May be the ty-rod bushings fit hmmm, I should check that.

I had the same thing. ;-) It supposed to be a torque/traction bar for a corvette supporting.
the differential during major acceleration:
The add:

"Corvette 1963-1979 Drag Race torque bars/traction bars . If you are taking your 1963 to 1979 Corvette with iron case to the Drag Strip (not recommended!) then these bars are the classic fix to remove stress from the diff nose bracket and prevent start line judder of the differential and bridge asembly.

In really horrible condition, these bars were removed from a 1964 on which we did a chassis restortion. They will need new bushes made, and one of the bars straightened. The front brackets must welded to the X-member, while the rear bracket bolts under the spring. "

Basically keep it straight during launch. It's a race rarity and I am going to put in on the Vette. It needs new bushings and I wonder where I can get them. May be the ty-rod bushings fit hmmm, I should check that.

Call energy suspension and talk to their tech guys. Give them the dimensions of the opening and the bolt that will go through it and they can tell you if they have any bushings that will fit what you have. The parts may be for something else however have the correct dimensions for what you need, they will give you the part number of what you need. I have done this a couple times and they were more than helpfull.

My car has bad wheel hop sometimes when doing a rolling burnout so I talked to Guldstrand about those traction bars. He said they didn't do anything but I'm not sure. I've got the solid pinion bushings and sombrero discs. I wouldn't be adverse to trying them.

I will give them a try. As long as I don't hear anything negative about them. I haven't found any info on them, the rods have some markings on them, so I assume this is not a DIY rig.

I would think so. Although with those forces, wouldn't it just pivot around that single bar. I would say the old bars make more sense from an engineering perspective. They look more ridged.

Hi

What VB&P sells, is exactly what I have installed on my 68.
It is supposed to hold the tranny tight so it doesn't twist during acceleration, eliminating wheel hp as mentioned B4.

The double link system looks like a home made one with ordinary strut rods.
If you use poly bushings, it could do the job. It will not with rubber bushings.

Good luck with the install, requires some welding.

Rgds. Günther

To me it doesn't look like a home build all parts have cast markings of some sort MO-1 or or something like that. I measured it all up and send an email to Energy suspension for some close to fit bushings, lets see where they come up with.

Hi

Did you check if the C3 strut rod bushings fit ?

Those rods realy look like strut rods and the center attachment piece like a ordinary C3 spring attachment plate.

Rgds. Günther

I would think so. Although with those forces, wouldn't it just pivot around that single bar. I would say the old bars make more sense from an engineering perspective. They look more ridged.

One of the bars looks bent...or is that the picture?

Either the motor was a monster and too much for the bar, accidnt in handling them(jack maybe), or they/the system are not as structurally sound as you might think.

If that bar bent on the car, wouldn't that cause a geometry problem? One side a little stiffer than the other?

Hi

Might be Bubbas adjustment. I saw this on strut rods as well.
Just hit the bar with a hammer shortens it.:mad:

Rgds. Günther