So....I go to change my rear

Jsup

I go to PA to change my rear from a 3.07 D36 to a 3.73 D44.

We put the D44 up on the bench to swap the gears over, and wouldn't you know it, one of the snap rings is broken. Now, I'm not going through all this work, to have a 1/2 assed rear. If one breaks, the rest have to be on the edge.

So we couldn't do a dam thing. Now neither one of us, me or my friend, know a dam thing about the carrier, clutch pack, etc....so rather than screw with it I contacted a company that does nothing but rears. We are sending him the new gears on Monday and should be getting them back early the next week.

I can't wait to get this done. FINALLY then I can finish up the tune.

The snap ring broke? How??? usually they become soft and loose their tension from the heat cycling, either way when you take off the snap ring they can't be reused anyway. You need new ones. It's not a big deal.

Is the parkerizing still on the center shaft and the gears? What are you doing with the 3.73s? Are the gears ok? I have 3.07s, a little long IMO.

The snap ring broke? How??? usually they become soft and loose their tension from the heat cycling, either way when you take off the snap ring they can't be reused anyway. You need new ones. It's not a big deal.

Is the parkerizing still on the center shaft and the gears? What are you doing with the 3.73s? Are the gears ok? I have 3.07s, a little long IMO.

Yeah, one of the 4 snap rings let go. I don't know how. It was a used rear. The rear was a 3.07, we opened it up to change the gears.

I'm not real good with carrier units. I got a hold of one of the mods on Yellow Bullet, ihs business is nothing but rears.

For $150 he's going to put in the gears and fix it up good as new.

I have to know my limitations. I'm not experienced with these rears. I want someone to look at it who knows what they are doing and set it up at this point.

It sets me back a couple weeks, but can't do anything about that.