Going GREEN......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Well, some of you all may know I have been sanding and playing with the '72 here, and earlier this week, shot light gray primer on it, which so far looks fairly decent...need a tad of work on it, of course....but decided that I think it maybe good enough to go for my desired color....a really nice deep emerald GREEN metallic, with NO hippy dippy yellow in it....freeking GREEN, maybe a hint toward the blue....

A vette friend here in town and I went to a show at Daytona almost a months ago, found a paint guy he knew of....

www.thepaintguyz.com.....keep that spelling with the Z in there....

fellow's name is Rob Chamberlin....he is into vettes specifically....

anyway, a gallon of this paint plus a quart of reducer is 100 bux, single stage plus 20 shipping....

UPS here in a week, maybe....

so I need get busting ass again....wife suggested to take some pix of the car in this stage....r/l/f/rr and so at some point I will try pick up this thread,

I still nervous as a whore in church over this mess....guess I will see, either that or another hundred bux to shoot flat black and hell with it....

SO I will be the ONLY ANTI green weenie guy with a GREEN car....but at least it will NOT be a hippy dippy yellow green looking like baby diapers....

:lol::crap::footmouth:

Look on the bright side Gene, if it turns out really bad (which I don't think it will)
....but if it does.....we'll just bury the car with you when you GO! :thumbs:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look on the bright side Gene, if it turns out really bad (which I don't think it will)
....but if it does.....we'll just bury the car with you when you GO! :thumbs:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

just do it QUICKLY, don't insult the car....

actually, in fact in my will, I have requested my ashes to be tossed over the side of my favorite local bridge....at nothing less than 80 mph.....

wind and water, and sailing, boating, cars, more wind, is a fair portion of my life...so WTF...

:bounce:

GREEN?
That's funny as Hell right there.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GREEN?
That's funny as Hell right there.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NOT THAT 1/2 yellow puke hipp dippy protest green weenie type green....

I said GREEN..... NO yellow, and maybe somewhat tending to BLUE

and a nice heavy metallic...

NOT at all confident how this will turn out....but I can always shoot flat black over it...i'ts a hundred bux for the paint so if it's not right enough....the cop out kit awaits....

right now, i'ts drive hell out of it trying to break the body off the frame with cracks under heavy road abuse...might as well find out NOW, than later....

:clobbered:

Try the roads here in NJ, they'll shake anything loose.

U got nuttin' on these roads here on this sand bar....the side streets in and outta this sand hill do credit to WW2 type destruction....

and so I have found some more cracks and surely will be more AFTER THOSE....

so to keep fixing...really hard to see them without primer on them, I just hope to find the absolute worst and fix them before the GREEN goes on....

maybe....