D36-D44 Swap question

Jsup

I am swapping a D36 for a D44 this weekend. My question is if the bolts to the C beam are the same size/length.

I know they are different locations, just need to know if I need to get new bolts.

Thanks.

Yes, the old holes are not in the right spot. He used his old c-beam.

The D44 takes about the same amount as the D36 I would guess, just fill till it trickles out the filler plug hole.

The D44 takes about the same amount as the D36 I would guess, just fill till it trickles out the filler plug hole.

I need to know how much oil to buy

I need to know how much oil to buy

I think 2 quarts....I get the valvoline with the additive in it already and never had a issue.....guys do recommend the GM additive with normal oils...but I personally never had a issue for countless posi diffy's from Chrysler/Auburns to GM clutches....and my '72 included....

:drink:

I went with normal oil, dino stuff, not synthetic. $5 a quart vs. $12. Got 3 quarts and the additive.

Should be fine went with 85-140 Hi Performance oil.

Comments? Is synthetic necessary at double the price and change?

I went with normal oil, dino stuff, not synthetic. $5 a quart vs. $12. Got 3 quarts and the additive.

Should be fine went with 85-140 Hi Performance oil.

Comments? Is synthetic necessary at double the price and change?

Starting another thread....oils and shit....