Shot the vette today.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Dupont Nason primer gray....the texture has more stripes than a tiger....not surprising, anyway, i'ts only 33 oz of primer plus whatever reducer was recommended.....4-1 ratio....

not so awful evil, at least the color is consistant....only see ONE drip, so far....many body cracks that showed with the color....PIA to go back over that shit....maybe not, it's a hell of a LOT better than before...so WTF, leave well enough alone....tempted to buy the color and shoot that damn thing while it's in the garage and call it a day.....

:stirpot::stirpot::rain:

well lets see some pics? :search:

Agreed...until we see pics we can only assume that you shot it with a 12 gauge or a 357magnum.

Well, wife's Miata has some cute stick on bullet holes in the back....

close enough???

nothing much to show/photo really....having my car photo'd for a color rag some years ago, I know how photos lie....shows nothing, really...
I even commented to the guy shooting the car, he said not to worry, he would make it look GOOD.....I know maybe less about photography than painting a car....if that's possible....

BUT, it looks smooth with a few cracks showing up in spots, I guess maybe olde tyme body work and reaction with paints?? anyway...nothing totally gross, tmrw I will bolt the thing back together and take it for a ride, over some rumble strips and speed bumps at goodly speed, find the weak points and decide from there,....in about 3 months when the bondo/glass/stresses have all settles out, paint it....

maybe come Sept. or so....

:beer::goodnight:

Congrats on starting the job. I hope that I can have mine done in about 3 weeks and then never pick up a paint gun again!!!!!:eek:h:

Wade

Congrats on starting the job. I hope that I can have mine done in about 3 weeks and then never pick up a paint gun again!!!!!:eek:h:

Wade

GAeffin'L.....I deliberately doing the drive it for some time before final repairs/paint....because I have NEVER seen a C1-2-3 without body stress cracks, just a matter of degree, and I got my share, the question IS, that the chemistry don't bring out something new even more than has already happened.....sometimes 'Better Living Through Chemistry' is a PIA....

:gurney::rain::ill: