McSpeed C-3 Electric Headlight Conversion ?

SHAKERATTLEROLL

What do you all think about this set up? And what is the best way to go about it as he does have a few options as for components? I do not feel I will have enough vacuum for this stuff so that is why I am looking into it along with going with the Hydroboost to give extra room for my BB valve covers and my hand lol. Thank you all for any info you can bestow. :)

I pretty much have the rear done now lol whewwwww. Still have the fuel tank and brakes and lines but it is on its wheels lol.
IMAG0028.jpg

And I think this is the best time to do the hydroboost and the Electric headlight conversion now that there is nothing in the way lol. :)
IMAG0035.jpg

It is still a bit of a mess after I power washed it today with Purple Power/Catrol Super Clean better lol. And some Oven easy off. Still lots of work to do. Sorry I do not have a pic yet of the stuff I have removed today.
IMAG0038.jpg

And yes I did ask the same ? on the other site but no pictures lol. I wish to keep those here along with mods to the car. As some of the stuff I will use will not be accepted by the NCRS Correct guys and some will not be there vendors lol. :)

Last edited:
Hey Shake RR, I recognize your handle real good....

Chris McDonald, 69myway, McSpeed.com used to be a neighbor down the road a piece, he got some job promotions and has left Florida for Illinois out of Chicago I think, poor guy....I dunno I would take any promotion for less than 200k/year salary increase to move THERE......serius, as opposed to Florida....

be as it may, I was not aware of any significant variations in his kits, trick is to get two good F body junkyard motors....I THINK they suffered the same shit the C4 motors did with the gearset failing....seems to be a common thread no matter what car, even from Japan...nylon gears split on the shaft....

however when these are set up, they are not only more compact than the OEM junk, but also work SO much better....

www.mcspeed.com

Mrvette do you have the electric system on your car? And yep I get around some lol. :) and booted off forums some lol.

NO, I don't, I hit a damn deer here in '98 at night and it wiped out the operating lids on both sides.....went fixed h/l after that, and now something custom over that....

all the aluminum was busted to hell....

however, I did investigate going to them again, but with lo profile bulbs like in the car now, and using Chris' system to open them maybe 3-4" instead of the full 6' they are stock....but the parts were HORRENDOUS....

:tth:

I've converted mine to electric and they work very well and I'm glad I swapped over. It will be a benefit having the hood removed to fit everything. Save me typing everything again, have a read here http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439

I've also fitted hydroboost and that was no big deal to fit with stuff in the engine bay - you still have to get the 4 nuts off the damn vacuum booster from under the dash anyway, regardless of how much shit's been removed from the engine bay :rofl:

Thank you Wayne I guess is your name lol. I did call my local parts junk yard and I can get the actuators for $24.00 each. So I am going to have to go take a look see lol. Would you by chance know what size of wrench or sockets I would need to remove those ?

Again Thank you so much for all of the great info. :)

Thank you Wayne I guess is your name lol. I did call my local parts junk yard and I can get the actuators for $24.00 each. So I am going to have to go take a look see lol. Would you by chance know what size of wrench or sockets I would need to remove those ?

you got your choice of sizes....American and those that don't fit nothing....

take both sets...in other words....

:surrender:

Yes, I am Wayne and no, I don't know what size spanners you'll need to remove them - I bought mine from eBay so I didn't remove them. Sorry.

Pretty good price you got yours for though :thumbs:

Wayne I do not have them as of yet. I just called to make sure what they would cost. The downside is I have to go there and look myself to see if they have any lol. Which is a 30 mile round trip run or so. Thus I will have to wait for the weekend darn it.

I will be on this thing as long as I have funds lol. Right now I have the Turbo 400 at a friends shop of which I have to wait on when he has time for us to take it apart and see what it needs. And then get all of the parts needed. Right now for all of the good parts it should run about $300.oo for the parts depending on the sprag that is in it.

But then a month or so before hunting season I will be back on working up loads since I also cast my own lol. :) .357 Mag/.44 Mag / 45-70 in Marlin's :) And will work on my own cast for the 30-06. :)

vbulletin3_logo_acps.gif

Last edited:
CASTing your own loads?? bit extreme, I used to reload tons of ammo, decades ago....gave up the gun hobby, still have some left, of course...

I used to hot load my 29 8 3/8 Nickel with smooth Rosewood grips ....so bad that out of 6, out would come 6 heads, about 3/8 long....I cut that shit out after that....gun was fine though...

my favorite rifle was a Douglas barrel on a Belgian Mauser action, custom piece all the way....Redfield scope/iron rings....270 Win.....thing could drive a tack at 200 yds.....

used to go groundhog hunting in Maryland, decades ago....funny stories about them things.....:bounce::devil:

Pre64 '94 30-30 or 32 Win spl????

sweet rifle...had one in 30-30 the ONLY rifle I EVER shot a dead nutz bullseye the very first time I shot it.....

truth be told, it was the ONLY time I ever got a dead nutz geometric center on target with ANY gun.....go figger....

:cussing::clobbered::nuts:

I was at pick-n-pull the other week and they had plenty of F-bodies.

Oh my gosh someone else in San Antonio :)

Speaking of which, wife/me, my oldest friend from HS yet, known that man 50 years by now...we all went to San Antonio, stayed at the hotel on Riverwalk, and obviously toured the Alamo....the hotel has a interesting local history, but is now a chain...Omni, I think....used to be a college dorm??

nice town, we enjoyed 3 daze there....wife took some great pix, one of which is a bridge over river there in the morning on the wall, 36x28"....great shot...

:thumbs: