C3 to C4 headlight mod?

Jag

Does anyone know of a site that sells the C3 to C4 headlight mod?
In other words, I would like for my C4 headlights to rise up instead of rotating.:fishing:

Don't know anyone who sells that but I like the idea. It would be great if you could do that and put some smaller projector lights in there so the door doesn't have to pop up so high.

I know that Chris McDonald of 69myway fame, and the www.mcspeed.com site he had some kits using F body motors/gears and modding C3 lights to electric, he did say some years ago, that altering the height would be super easy...I would GUESS by altering some arm/linkage length....

I see no reason that couldn't be applied to the C4 in general....

I chickened out years ago on a project to resurrect my C3 lights using ONE linear actuator to run both lights up/down....about 3-4" worth with a later square bulb in there....instead I sent for modding the Eckler's tray/sugar scoops and make it fixed position and a smaller hole....

I can easily see that working well on a C4 modded flip up arrangement....maybe even with the OEM motors/controller....

Thank you Mr. Vette, by the way N.E Florida...J'Ville?

Yeh, Chris used to live just down the road a couple miles, then he got promoted TWICE and moved from Ft. Lauderdale? to somewhere in frozen Yankee land...like south of Chicago somewhere...poor kid....

I" live in Orange Park, a SW burb of Jax/Duval county....call it NE Clay county....

:bounce:

Small world...I live 40 minutes N of you and the wife acctually works in Orange park.:thumbs:

Small world...I live 40 minutes N of you and the wife acctually works in Orange park.:thumbs:

Cool, my wife is a book keeper in her own business...so travels who knows where on a 1/2 day basis, for the most part....ME, I"m retarred, so don't give a shit about working or not....

so stop on down sometime....OP ?? must be the Hospital, about the only job worth having to drive for here....

:devil::bounce: