model camaro

nifty

ive mentioned "PUD" in an interior thread, and how he doent buy things if he can make them.
but he did buy a model camaro.
pud being pud, didnt like it the way it was...so he changed it.
the chassis rails, roll cage, exhaust air filters, rocker covers, rear tyres and even the tiny wheels are all hand made out of steel or alloy now.
it weighs about 5kg...
the rollcage was solid steel braze welded together, same as the chassis exhaust.
the tyres on the rear are machined on a lathe out of solid plastic.
spot the thermo fan cover... thats off of a gas mark filter..
the air cleaners,rocker covers, and rims are machined out of aluminium. the rims have a tiny hubcap that keeps them clean. the cap hides the tiny nuts that hold the wheels on....

even the battery boxes are home made.as are the wheelie bars,and eninge pulleys. the fan belts are "o" rings....
the oil filler caps are red globes that look like an anodised finish.
the body was bead blasted and then painted a cool metalflake purple...
camarochassis.jpg
camarochassisrear.jpg
camaronuderear.jpg
camaronudefront.jpg
camaroside.jpg

Last edited:
the under car tray and wheel tubs were made from alloy... also notice its been converted to right hand drive, and so has the dash and pedals
i never tire of looking at this car.... blows me away every time.

What a great looking model car, dayum! and all metal too (except the body?) I'm liking the exterior color too...sort of looks like that hue V-Twiin has on his car. Very nice!

What a great looking model car, dayum! and all metal too (except the body?) I'm liking the exterior color too...sort of looks like that hue V-Twiin has on his car. Very nice!
yep the only thing plastic is the body ( and engine seats gearbox etc etc...)

if you look at this picture.... you will see the exact same model as puds....
it was NEVER made as a pro streeter originally, and the stock one looks nowhere near as good as puds'....
painting018.jpg

the house btw is a friind of mines.... ONE OF THE BEST COLLECTIONS OF MEMORIBILIA LIKELY TO BE SEEN...
WILL POST A FEW MORE UP ... damn impressive to look at a lot of it worth some serious collector money...

the house btw is a friind of mines.... ONE OF THE BEST COLLECTIONS OF MEMORIBILIA LIKELY TO BE SEEN...
WILL POST A FEW MORE UP ... damn impressive to look at a lot of it worth some serious collector money...

I have a friend across the river who is into Mustangs, but that's forgivable, he also has a huge collection of model cars and matchbox stuff, every time I"m there I looks at SO much stuff just stacked up like that shown.....

Nick's collection rivals that one....

:clobbered::bump:

yep the only thing plastic is the body ( and engine seats gearbox etc etc...)

if you look at this picture.... you will see the exact same model as puds....
it was NEVER made as a pro streeter originally, and the stock one looks nowhere near as good as puds'....
the guy who owns the house has all kind of memorobilia in his house... all from AUSTRALIAN V8 SUPERCAR racing series....
some of it worth some serious $$$ as well to a collector.
check this out....
signed rear door skins...
painting013.jpg
signed engine cover,race wheel,and part of a pranged car...
painting014.jpg
painting019.jpg
he has a sort of camaro section as well...theres the model again
painting017.jpg
some BIG names on a race car door skin.... this is encased in glass....
value would be around the 10-15 grand mark
painting016.jpg
in excess of 2000 models here...the bigger ones range from 200 -1000 EACH....

painting015.jpg
parked outside.... 68 camaro
painting007.jpg

in the shed,,,, a 1964 EH HOLDEN SEDAN....this is one of just a few projects he has lying around...MORE meroribilia in this shed as well...
painting003.jpg
his holden commodore GTS.... rare car, he was heading to a race meeting the other week, and overtook a truck...then slammed into a fully grown sheep on the road.... major damage but fixable...
painting011.jpg

LOVE the rims on this thing.... they 20's, that are anodise CHAMELEON... same as the paint used on some cars... they change colour... look awesome in real life... was hard to captire the effect in the camera.
painting006.jpg

Not Hard To See Hes A Single Bloke Is It...
He Had More...this Is Just 3 Of The Rooms.....he Even Had A Framed Picture In The Bathroom For Christ Sake....