Headlights mod to Eckler's trays....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
For some years I ran with the Eckler's over large square headlights in my shark, due to hitting a damn dear deer at night in '98 so got tired of them some years ago, and decided to do the posted mods here....

anyway, the pix show just what/how I converted to later camaro bulbs, moved forward and down to allow for clearance in filling in those cavernous holes left by the old stock crap....

the holes in the front are now just 1/2 the stock size....fore/aft rounded like stock, and glassed in....

this shows how I made new mounts out of 1x2 vinyl Home Despot pieces and used stainless screws and GOOP to glue it all together with... been there for several years now...so the system is proven...

:yahoo:

Attachments

• Headlights1.jpg
    Headlights1.jpg
    923.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Headlights2.jpg
    Headlights2.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 66
For some years I ran with the Eckler's over large square headlights in my shark, due to hitting a damn dear deer at night in '98 so got tired of them some years ago, and decided to do the posted mods here....

anyway, the pix show just what/how I converted to later camaro bulbs, moved forward and down to allow for clearance in filling in those cavernous holes left by the old stock crap....

the holes in the front are now just 1/2 the stock size....fore/aft rounded like stock, and glassed in....

this shows how I made new mounts out of 1x2 vinyl Home Despot pieces and used stainless screws and GOOP to glue it all together with... been there for several years now...so the system is proven...

Your front end has smaller headlight openings right? When using stock openings, your mod would show the whole mechanism, it would have to be covered up somehow.

Your front end has smaller headlight openings right? When using stock openings, your mod would show the whole mechanism, it would have to be covered up somehow.

When the glass is mounted in there, they hardly show, see my site, you have to lean over and look pretty close....I will probably tend to that detail at some point, need make a entire mask, ala the old Eckler's design or maybe something else...just some vertical pieces?? also I don't want to block airflow at speed, hense a lot of the trays were cut out in the rear for airflow AND accessability for wiring/bulb replacement.....typical project, many thought/details at one shot....

:friends: