Wheel stud knurl

[/quote]Stock knurl is .43[/QUOTE]

Not even a GM stock size?
..... Our cars are really unique

Thanks for the fast reply

I assume you are asking about a C3?

The stock knurl is more than .437 (the studs are 7/16 thd). My guess would be about .48. I will check when I get home.

The stock knurl is more than .437 (the studs are 7/16 thd). My guess would be about .48. I will check when I get home.

Typo alarm :) I mistyped, it's .46 or at least, that's what I remember measuring on my old ones. Could be that they are .48 I measured it w/ a dial caliepr, not w/ a micrometer. Either way, if the hole isn't buggered up .48 should fit

I am sorry, yes is a C3.

So if .480 is the knurl diamater, we can use this studs as a direct replacement for the stock ones:

M12 x 1.5
Knurl diam .485
lenght 2.850
ARP part # 100-7712

I know they wont be as strong as 1/2" but they should be better than 7/16" and no hub drilling!!! :idea:

What do you think?

I used to run M12x1.5 studs, plenty strong, not as strong as 1/2" but way better than the 30 year old 7/16 stud that's in there now....

If I remember correctly I did have to enlarge the holes slightly for the .485" knurl.

While you're at it, tap the rivet holes so you can bolt the brake rotors to the hub, check runout and rotate the rotor or use shims to minimize runout.