It's gotta end soon!

AJ77

Took the pit in for the last little bit of tuning on Friday and I noticed on the way there that the converter didn't go into lockup. I thought no big deal, maybe the power wire on the relay came loose or something. In reality, the torque converter was coming apart and it went the rest of the way on the trip home. Not only did it commit suicide, it took the trans with it. I now have it at Phoenix transmissions getting redone and they're building a new converter also. They are going to set it up for better street manners and they have a better warranty also. All in all, should be around $1800.00 or so. The destruction needs to stop! In the first 5 minutes of looking at it, they pointed out 3 things that Bowtie did that were basically sliding by or just not correct for proper operation of the trans. It should have better manners after this.

Yea, I just wanted to whine a little. I drove it 14000 miles in a year and a half after I first got it on the road without a glitch. Since then I have probably only put 300 miles on it in 4 months. Hopefully it will all be good for a long time after all this.:drink: