anyone a harley fan?

Sweet!!! Yeah, I've always liked 'em. Never owned one though... maybe, now that I'm retired!!!

I always liked the Fatboy... I don't know if they still make it:

2007_flstf_1024.jpg

Sort of. I designed the fuel injection/ignition ECM for that engine.
Do you work for "The Motor Company?'

I retired a couple years ago from the company that designs and manufactures a bunch of the electronics and instrumentation/gauges for Harley. My ECM designs were first used in 2000, and are still in production on their bikes.

I retired a couple years ago from the company that designs and manufactures a bunch of the electronics and instrumentation/gauges for Harley. My ECM designs were first used in 2000, and are still in production on their bikes.

Whoa - Check out the big brain on 69427 .........:cool: Nice to know that those electronics are still designed on this side of the pond. I would have assumed that was all offshore for sure.

Whoa - Check out the big brain on 69427 .........:cool: Nice to know that those electronics are still designed on this side of the pond. I would have assumed that was all offshore for sure.

To Harley's credit, they did (and I assume still do) try to put a emphasis on American sourcing/content if possible. The Harley engineers were a good group of guys to work with, and true enthusiasts too. I don't recall running into any that regarded their work/tasks as "just a job to pay the bills".

[/QUOTE]
To Harley's credit, they did (and I assume still do) try to put a emphasis on American sourcing/content if possible. [/QUOTE]

Thats good to know. In my experiences as a rider and working at a dealership I did see a lot offshore Electrics and Hydraulics.