Bilstein HD vs. Bilstein Sport

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
Other than the difference in price, what is the difference between the HD shocks and the Sport shocks? I want a pair of Bilsteins for the front of my 'Vette, I have a pair of the Sports on the back.

Even the $150 "buy it now" is a ok deal.... would be interesting to see if you really can get them for $1.... :smash:

I have a plactic 360 spring, and 450 front springs from VBP, for some 15 years now.....I bought their Bilsteins some 3 years ago....what is the type they most likely shipped???

:blush: OR what is the diff in appearance between the two types???

I thought you needed to run VBPs specialy valved shocks with their spring. True or not? I would rather use the Bilsteins if $ allow it.

I thought you needed to run VBPs specialy valved shocks with their spring. True or not? I would rather use the Bilsteins if $ allow it.
I have a VB&P monospring (400#) and Bilstein Sports in the rear, it's a great combination.

Gene - the Bilstein HD shocks and the Sports look the same, that is why I asked if there was any difference in them.

Good question, I was wondering about this myself today.

So which will work better with the stiffer big block springs and a 360# fiberglass spring out back?

Also is it important to buy the new shock mounts as well?