Calling 69427 and Lars

PHENOMENAL..... from the start and write ups.....looks like it's a winner..BUT

that bit about eliminating the cat converters, will never happen, the green weenies will do the same shit they pulled in the 70's with it's invention by GM, insist that all the rest of the BS remain for that extra 'clean air' goal,

what did save any power/fuel economy is electronics and engine control computers, nothing to do with cats or EPA,.....now what we CAN do maybe is eliminate the cats, and tune engines for 17-1 A/F ratio, like Norval claimed he did with his car some time ago....about doubled the fuel economy for doing so....

but to keep the weenies out of the equation and let the engineering staffs do their job.....economy is JOB ONE,

:flash::flash:

I skimmed the website, and have a few differences of opinion about their claims. I don't have time at the moment to write them all down, but I'll have a follow up post later. One item, though. Their comment about possibly eliminating the cats. There's a lot of things that would have to be addressed to do that. If a simple plug/ignition system would allow that, I'm sure GM would try that on the Corvette. The (precious metal) cost savings and weight savings would certainly be of interest to the Corvette guys.
My main disagreements involve several of their electrical claims. I'll have a long boring writeup later. (Bring your favorite caffeinated drink.)

I skimmed the website, and have a few differences of opinion about their claims. I don't have time at the moment to write them all down, but I'll have a follow up post later. One item, though. Their comment about possibly eliminating the cats. There's a lot of things that would have to be addressed to do that. If a simple plug/ignition system would allow that, I'm sure GM would try that on the Corvette. The (precious metal) cost savings and weight savings would certainly be of interest to the Corvette guys.
My main disagreements involve several of their electrical claims. I'll have a long boring writeup later. (Bring your favorite caffeinated drink.)

I"m a geek, you not bore ME....

:devil:

The old centerfire plugs look similar but not nearly as recessed around the center electrode as their new ignitors.
Way back in 68, I bought a new 3 cyl Kawasaki 500cc that used the centerfires with cdi ignition.
Then a couple years later, got an Evenrude 3 cyl 70 hp outboard that also took these centerfires with cdi.
These were both 2 strokes, but I wonder if this was really the beginning of this new tech.
I know that on the highway in the rain 1 night I grabbed the plug wire instead of the fuel reserve petcock and the zapp almost threw me off the bike.

surface.jpg

Last edited:
The old centerfire plugs look similar but not nearly as recessed around the center electrode as their new ignitors.
Way back in 68, I bought a new 3 cyl Kawasaki 500cc that used the centerfires with cdi ignition.
Then a couple years later, got an Evenrude 3 cyl 70 hp outboard that also took these centerfires with cdi.
These were both 2 strokes, but I wonder if this was really the beginning of this new tech.
I know that on the highway in the rain 1 night I grabbed the plug wire instead of the fuel reserve petcock and the zapp almost threw me off the bike.

surface.jpg

I know none of you will believe this, but back around '67 or so, a vette owner friend was SO stupid, as to grab a plug wire, it knocked him back into the bushes....so what does he do??? grab the same damn wire again, with nearly the same result....:rofl::rofl::yahoo::goodnight::flash:

Now that I think about this some more, I seem to recall watching a video of some old geezer doing this same/similar thing on an old VW bus. Anybody else remember this?

Now that I think about this some more, I seem to recall watching a video of some old geezer doing this same/similar thing on an old VW bus. Anybody else remember this?

Is THAT the one where every time you blink your eyes you supposed to see the timing mark???

:devil:

Yea i remember it because i am the one that posted it,it was about using water as fuel.

Yea i remember it because i am the one that posted it,it was about using water as fuel.

Car show Friday at Daytona, there was some guy touting water as fuel...or more properly hydrogen....and some apparatus showing how easy it was to break the H2 outta the O

I just walked by the crowd....

:hissyfit::eek::hunter:

Yes, I did some looking into the technology. It did seem to have some merit, but I doubt it's as simple to control the plasma spark as it first sounds. Reliably running on water??? I'm skeptical of that.:skeptic:

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2147

I ran into this guy over at Ferrari chat. He is the CEO. What do you guys think of this tech?
http://www.knite.com/default.aspx

My response to that stuff is the same as my response to the guys using "water as fuel":

Take a Thermodynamics 101 class and learn the second law of thermodynamics. Further, there is no perpetual motion, and there is no conspiracy between engine engineers and the petroleum industry... They probably sell a lot of this stuff to the people who make up the customer base at Walmart.

Lars

I love the fact it's the "greatest invention since canned tomatos," yet after 10 years in existence, not one automaker his bought into it.:bonkers:

I ran into this guy over at Ferrari chat. He is the CEO. What do you guys think of this tech?
http://www.knite.com/default.aspx

My response to that stuff is the same as my response to the guys using "water as fuel":

Take a Thermodynamics 101 class and learn the second law of thermodynamics. Further, there is no perpetual motion, and there is no conspiracy between engine engineers and the petroleum industry... They probably sell a lot of this stuff to the people who make up the customer base at Walmart.

Lars

:withstupid:

I love the fact it's the "greatest invention since canned tomatos," yet after 10 years in existence, not one automaker his bought into it.:bonkers:

Exactly.

Are canned tomatoes a greater invention than sliced bread? I dunno, I think the tomatoe deal is not even in the top ten:smash: