C4 Comp Cam Camshaft HP Gains?

MetsC4

Hi

I was planning to buy a LT4 hot cam kit but I started to look into Comp Cam. I want to get the 280XFI cam with 1.6 rocker arms but i dont know what the HP gains are. Does anyone happen to know?

http://www.compperformancegroupstor...Product_Code=07-467-8&Category_Code=LTCAMSXFI

Here is what im planning to do to my car

Melrose Longtube headers, hi flow cats, x-pipe, and magnaflow mufflers

Have my intake and heads ported

52mm throttle body

30# fuel injectors

2,800TC

3.54 gear

PCMFORLESS chip

That looks like a pretty good combination. I can only speculate about HP gains. I'm sure others can help here.

I'm with Jsup on the throttle body need. The stock throttle body will work fine with the usual mods.

thanks for the reply.

Ok so no throttle body, but is anyone here using this cam if so what where yours HP gains?

thanks for the reply.

Ok so no throttle body, but is anyone here using this cam if so what where yours HP gains?

If you planned on spending money on the TB, I'd throw that budget into Roller Rockers. 1.6 so not too radical and it will improve your ramp. You will still have gas money in your pocket.

Please, don't get wrapped up in a HP number. It is what it is and you're not going to change it. My guess, based on what others have seen, is about 375 FWHP. But if you get 350 so what, or 400, who cares, all mods included.

The real trick is to build the car with the right combination to run the way you like it to run. A well tuned, good running car with a little less HP (or more, who knows) is better than building to a specific number.

tThe real trick is to build the car with the right combination to run the way you like it to run. A well tuned, good running car with a little less HP (or more, who knows) is better than building to a specific number.

Advice taken:beer:

tThe real trick is to build the car with the right combination to run the way you like it to run. A well tuned, good running car with a little less HP (or more, who knows) is better than building to a specific number.

Advice taken:beer:

Cool, don't get tied up in dyno numbers. It's a rat hole and you'll never be happy..