So I was asked to appraise 2 cars today.

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Friend from work. 2 cars:
1961 T-Bird, older restoration, sitting outside a few years now.
349c83370efffc.jpg
1974 Ferrari 365GT4/2+2, showroom fresh.
Red with white leather interior, and one of only 2 sent to Germany for convertable conversion. 24,118 miles. New engine at 19,000 miles.
349c83371785dc.jpg
349c83371e3cb2.jpg
349c8337253bff.jpg
349c83372b2f63.jpg

I would say the '61 bird is worth only 5-6 grand at MOST....

the Ferrari....who knows....sky is the limit.....one of only TWO??

my scientific wild ass guess......450k....

:beer:

I would say the '61 bird is worth only 5-6 grand at MOST....

the Ferrari....who knows....sky is the limit.....one of only TWO??

my scientific wild ass guess......450k....

:beer:

I told her the Bird is 4-5K

The Daytona, I am still researching. Most collectors don't want a 2+2, but the Vert is a plus. Point wise, it's 95-96. Excellent orginal paint/interior.

Check the boxes in the garage for the Webers :cry:

Turns out the engine was changed in 1983 to a 400I fuelie V-12.:crap:
I feel some depreciation coming on. Shame really. The car is pristene.

Check the boxes in the garage for the Webers :cry:

Turns out the engine was changed in 1983 to a 400I fuelie V-12.:crap:
I feel some depreciation coming on. Shame really. The car is pristene.

I agree. I doubt it's worth more than $2k. Who shall I make the check out to?

I'll be very interested in hearing what number you come up with. You probably won't find too many similar cars out there.

scuze me if I don't "get it" but a ferrari that was hacked up by Germans to make it a convertible, how can it be worth a lot of moolah? It's a hacked up ferrari, not how enzo andpininfarina envisioned it (it's a pininfarina body right?)

The German convertible conversion is a stroke of genius the Eyetalians forgot about.....they goofed...

as for the engine, tell you a little history....

Years ago in Wash DC, Kensington Md, there was a company owned by a millionaire rich kid named Gordon Tatum.....Modifications Unlimited....and he was the ONLY authorized service center for Lambo/Ferrari and some others I forget....between NYC and MIAMI....but strangely they never did get a dealership, and there were NONE in the DC area.....like I said, YEARS ago...talking early 60's....

so aside from that, the total and complete lack of parts in those daze, and the NOTORIOUS lack of long term reliability of those engines running a typical 10,000 miles just like whatever brought on THIS changeout....

well Gordon and his brother, used SBC for powerplants, and so the owners were happy as hell, instead of paying another 5-8 grand for a engine, and waiting up to a YEAR for it....they got it back on the road for less than a couple grand.....

Such a shame, as the owners got involved with nose candy, and so end of the road.....just like the Caddy mechanic up the street from me here and now....gone with the blow some 5 years ago now....

:crap::eek:

It makes a huge difference WHO hacked it up.... what sounds better ? "Hacked up by Germans" or "Made in China" ??

Maybe I can add value to my '79 by cutting the top off.... :2nd::lol:

Actually, all the guys that I have shown the pictures to say it's the cleanest/lowest vert conversion they have seen on a Daytona. That being said, I really don't know squat about their values. I see it as a maintenece nightmare.:crap: