Wiper door limit switch and wiring still needed if no wiper door?

BlackRat

Here are a couple of pics of what I am pretty sure is the wiper door limit switch. I am running the "James Garner" racing cowl that eliminates the door. In an attempt to clean up the firewall and harness can I remove this wiring with out affecting anything else like the wipers themselves functioning?

limit1.jpg

limit2.jpg

NOT the switch per se, but you have to short it out....

I use a ordinary late shark style wiper motor in my Lin acctuator driven intermittant wiper mods.....it has been modded to get rid of that pump action thing too...just a 15 bux wiper pump from a local parts house...

:hunter:

Thanks Gene. Could you post a pic of your setup? I realy don't want to put that bulky one back in and mine is bad anyway so I have to replace it.

Also,
I just realized that in that second pic that is a loop that leads to the starter. why is it wired like that?

Thanks
Wade

Thanks Gene. Could you post a pic of your setup? I realy don't want to put that bulky one back in and mine is bad anyway so I have to replace it.

Also,
I just realized that in that second pic that is a loop that leads to the starter. why is it wired like that?

Thanks
Wade

SO long ago I totally rewired my car, I"d have to go back to the obscure books for the answer....unless you are referring to the ground side, black wire going down to the starter/bellhousing area....that is a 10 ga? wire for ground for wiper and heater blower and high speed blower relay....

I ran my wiring off the alt output/horn relay-tie point block....and nothing to do with the fuse link to the battery...

best I recall now...sorry...

:sos: