Turn signal blinker question

BangkokDean

My turn signals work good but when lane changing they don't go off, now that's really not a problem but on other cars you can hear the clicking sound that tells you they are on but in the vette there is no sound. How can I get a clicking sound to remind me that the turn signal is still on?:banghead:

Unless you have LED lights just replace the flasher with an old style mechanical flasher. Some of the newer ones are electronic and don't make any noise. The old ones have a bi-metal contact and click when the contacts make and break. If you do have an old type flasher, it's possible too that it's mounted somewhere and insulated or there's so much background noise so you can't hear it.

FWIW- I can't hear the flasher in Ol' Red either. The sidepipes seem to drown out the noise :confused::confused:

Tim if I stick my hear under the dash I can hear a faint click. Now either I need a big buzzer or some kind of indicator light on the top of the dash to tell me the directional signals are on, BTW they seam to be on all the time as they don't cancel after making a slow turn.:cussing:

Not cancelling is usually either the cancel cam or weak cancel springs. Both are easy fixes right under the steering wheel..

You should be able to find a little buzzer that works on 12v. I was going to suggest Radio Shack, but remembered where you are. You still have the factory gauges? There are green arrows at the bottom of the speedo and tach. Maybe some higher wattage bulbs or change the lenses to something more visible.

Not cancelling is usually either the cancel cam or weak cancel springs. Both are easy fixes right under the steering wheel..

You should be able to find a little buzzer that works on 12v. I was going to suggest Radio Shack, but remembered where you are. You still have the factory gauges? There are green arrows at the bottom of the speedo and tach. Maybe some higher wattage bulbs or change the lenses to something more visible.

I have replaced all the parts in the steering head but they are General motors designs so they work about as well as the GM corporation.

I still have the stock gauges and the indicator arrows do work but are not very noticeable. I don't know if increasing the wattage will still work as this circuit seams to be influenced easily with wattage loss or increases.:skeptic:

Instead of using a thermal flasher as you now have, you can tryan electronic like theis one.
http://www.midwayautosupply.com/pm-...-2-terminal-electronic-flasher-kit-lf12k.aspx

It will flash normally with only 1 bulb attached or many (trailers) and or/an additional buzzer attached.
It is 5 times louder than normal as is.

I use them anyway, as it makes troublshooting bad bulbs easier.

Well after ordering the item on 3-19-2009, they just informed me that they are discontinued.:cussing: Now does anyone know if some other place has the item?