Discovery launch

That's Awesome!

I have got to see that some day. The only problem is they reschedule there launches to much. Oh well , maybe some day!

The wife and I just got home from Titusville. We hung out on the beach with a bunch of other people to watch the launch. Pretty neat. The exhaust out of that thing is so stinking bright.
Took us two freakin' hours to make it home. Between all the stinking traffic, and some wreck on the highway halfway home, I spent a lot of time just idling at three miles per hour.

I got to see one launch several years ago. One of the most memorable things I've ever seen. Right up there with seeing my first real live nekkid woman. And that was a very long time ago.

Few years ago I watched a launch on Miami beach. It was a day launch, still pretty neat.

I couldn't decide what to watch...the launch or topless sun bathers with spaghetti string bottoms.....so I watched both.:bounce:

You guys sure are lucky down there.

Yeh, saw the same pattern over our hood just last night....seen several of them right out the back door.....looking east/south....

too cloudy last night though it got above the clouds, see nothing...oh well....

years ago, got lucky with the kids see the space center, launch the next morning...so we stayed overnight....went to the causeway....mistake, should have gone behind the Holiday Inn in Titusville.....hell of a ground pounder....

:D

I have got to see that some day. The only problem is they reschedule there launches to much. Oh well , maybe some day!

Don't wait too long -- currently the Shuttle fleet is scheduled to be "mothballed" by the end of 2010 (less than 2 years away). IIRC, they have something like only 9 more flights planned before retirement.

Mike