Read the threads on top

Jsup

The subject lines say:

"Installing a big block in a.............."

Next thread says:

Miata.

Just found it amusing.

Funny thing is, I am helping the guys at Motorgen install a 351 in an RX-7. Power to weight should be fun at the track. We are stripping it silly light.

Funny thing is, I am helping the guys at Motorgen install a 351 in an RX-7. Power to weight should be fun at the track. We are stripping it silly light.

I love those projects, I think they come out so cool.

Google "LS1 conversions" - you'll be amazed.

It appears you can fit a V8 in a Geo Metro if you try hard enough :D:D:D

Google "LS1 conversions" - you'll be amazed.

It appears you can fit a V8 in a Geo Metro if you try hard enough :D:D:D

40+ years ago I met up with a guy, Hank Lauderbach, of Lauderbach Marine...JET DRIVES for offshore boats....racing....and retail sales....

so he was splits with his Dad in Carolinas and so came to the Wash Dc burbs, opening up a car shop....

HE put a cammed up SBC in a ANGLIA....some import POS best forgotten....

except this one...being a rather larger fellow, he sat about 1/2 way back into the rear seat area...firewall was aluminum race car style, and that thing idled at some 2000 rpm...rough.....crazy,

ANY HOO....he was working on it one night, and it slips into reverse...power slide auto....takes off out the garage, and into a customer's car....waiting for him to pick it up....

so Hank calls the dude, and says, its been confusion....car NOT ready and bee a couple daze before parts come in.....VERY lucky he caught the customer before the wreckage was seen.....some luxury car about a year old....

:devil::D:toothbrush:

You guys be careful! If Gene starts talking about dropping a BB in his Bride's new Miata, there's a very good chance he's gonna' get hisself scalped.

You guys be careful! If Gene starts talking about dropping a BB in his Bride's new Miata, there's a very good chance he's gonna' get hisself scalped.

I already said LS and she said NO WAY@!!!!

:hissyfit::clobbered:

90*

Last week a buddy told me that he had once installed a 350 in a Datsun 240Z. When they fired it up and put it in gear and jumped on it the front clip of the car rotated 90*. Don't know if it's true or not but the visual image I got was kinda funny.

Long ago I went for a ride in a '72 Vega with a hot rod 350 in it---exciting, exhilarating, it would have have been really fun except it was a Zapata Texas Drunken Bubba Special and it was scary as hell. Both the car & the ride.
The car had potential. The owner had none at all. Before very long they ended up in the Rio Grande River after an unfortunate encounter with a bridge embankment. Luckily, no one was killed.
No humans, that is.
Pretty sad story, V8 Vegas are cool cars.

Last edited:
This one is pretty cool.... a nice sleeper.....

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2004368

I remember this Honda, hell of a sleeper for sure.

Check this one for a homemade conversion.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181312

This guy is took most of a Viper V10 twin turbo mechanics and put it into a Chevelle.
Been following it for a while and it's getting pretty good and he doesn't seems to mind cutting and adding metal to make it strong.
Check out the frame he came up for it.
Pretty impressive work

Last edited: