Look what I scored for $100

Good on you Bird, nice present for yourself there.....

I just wish I had a REAL garage instead of this tiney place I have....

course if I didn't put 12 lbs of shit in a 2 lbs bag, it maybe more livable....:bump:

so what are you going to do? open up your own classic vehicle garage? or are you just looking to get a job working for jay leno?

I love old tools...I used to have a benchtop Sun distributor tester & an old Champion spark plug cleaner & tester. Both worked....Since I could not do them justice at the time, I gave them both to guys who I thought would really appreciate them....The plug tester got sold at an antique store within a month (in Long Beach) & the Sun machine ended up sitting in out the yard (in Buena Park) for years. I could kick myself. In fact, I injured myself trying.... Neither of these guys are 'friends' anymore, either.

I bet there isn't a guy our age on this board that doesn't regret selling a car, or giving/throwing away what we felt was junk. MORE than I care to remember.

I bet there isn't a guy our age on this board that doesn't regret selling a car, or giving/throwing away what we felt was junk. MORE than I care to remember.

Isn't that the truth.

Nice score. I learned on one just like that in high school auto shop. Not too complicated and can do an awful lot. I always loved the feature of being able to "turn off" the spark to the cylinders. Best tool to find a bad plug/cylinder/wire quickly. Less painful than pulling a plug boot off too.

Isn't that the truth.

Nice score. I learned on one just like that in high school auto shop. Not too complicated and can do an awful lot. I always loved the feature of being able to "turn off" the spark to the cylinders. Best tool to find a bad plug/cylinder/wire quickly. Less painful than pulling a plug boot off too.

Yeh, my retired mechanic friend down the road in Coco just off I 95, he has a bunch of diagnostic gear like that.....about every machine imaginable...

nice side line of turning rotors/drums...7 bux each....next cheepest guy within 100 miles is 15 bux.....Charlie is very busy....

:D

:confused::sweat::friends:Now all you need is someone that can tell you what all those squiggly lines on the scope mean..

I just picked it up this morning. No book, and I haven't had the time to clean the cards/contacts yet. Got a side job Tuesday and Friday. I'm just as busy with time off as working.:bonkers:

I just picked it up this morning. No book, and I haven't had the time to clean the cards/contacts yet. Got a side job Tuesday and Friday. I'm just as busy with time off as working.:bonkers:

I suppose I could be if I really wanted to be, but honestly, I don't care anymore...burnt out.....spending time working on cars for family/friends....

am going over this AM/today to tear out a window and stick in a door for one of the guys off 'over there'.....:quote: