Too much bad news....

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I was talking with a close friend of mine, His son is in his mid 30's and had beat leukemia when he was in his 20's, now the cancer has come back (Brain cancer). His treatments have been aggressive and he was making some progress then this last weekend he suffered a stroke.... He will recover, to what extent we don't know.

I took my 'Vette over to the local shop where I get my work done today. My neighbors' early 60's fastback Mustang (about a 65 I guess) is in there being restored. My mechanic informed me that the doctors told my neighbor that he does not have much longer to live - again the damned cancer. This guy just had eye and brain surgery several weeks ago.... He will probably never see the car completed.

I lost my wife to cancer 8 years back - this guys wife used to bring hot food to us when my wife was in bed dying, now he is struck with it. I just don't understand..... so many good and caring people.....

I learned when I lost my wife that there is no logic or reason to this. She was a wonderful gal who never complained and had a love for life. Many a time I felt I should have been taken instead of her....

I apologize for laying such a bummer on you guys but I don't have a lot of people I can talk to.

Thanks

SHIT man, so sorry to hear that....I have lost friends and business associates to cancers, suicide and many other happenings also....I feel I have had a very strange/weird life...

All you can do is hang in there and take care of yourself best you can do....obviously....

go turn a wrench and observe some of the successes in life...

:clobbered:

I understand exactly what you are saying,i lost my wife of 13 years and 3 days to breast cancer,27 when diagnosed,30 when she passed away,it's just not right.

really shitty news on all fronts. sorry to hear about it. if there is such a thing as good news out of this, try to comfort yourself knowing that most people didn't live long enough to die of cancer 100 years ago. very small consolation.