Not good at all.

Why isn't it good? IMO Bankruptcy will SAVE GM.

I keep telling you guys---- FORD. But do you listen..................:bump:

FORD is in no better shape,they are closing plants down left and right,and i have 2 neighbors that work in the ford truck plant in KC and have been there for 15+ years,and they are laid off right now for the next 3 months,if they get called back :clobbered:

Probably right... bancruptcy will save them...

It will require a DRAMATIC re-organization. Plants closing, Divisions abolished, employees laid off in unprecedented numbers.

Start over with one or two major brands, limit the number of models. Go for highly efficient vehicles that customers want.

Man, I hate this.

only half of the way to solving their problems. yes, they need to go into bankruptcy so they can renegotiate all the unrealistic contracts they made with the unions.
the other part is start putting 'car people' (like harley earl and jim perkins) back in charge of the company. GM has been in the business of "making money" way too long.

FORD is in no better shape,they are closing plants down left and right,and i have 2 neighbors that work in the ford truck plant in KC and have been there for 15+ years,and they are laid off right now for the next 3 months,if they get called back :clobbered:

They haven't taken any Gov. money. So they are still a "CAR" company.:bounce:

They haven't taken any Gov. money. So they are still a "CAR" company.:bounce:

No they just closed down half their plants and laid off several thousand employee's,might as well file bankruptcy :goodnight:

GM/F/Ch in the same boat as every OTHER manufacturer in this country, victims of the lazy welfare state, and the green weenie movement.....

so all the decent PRODUCTIVE jobs are sent over seas, while we just accumulate shipping boxes for housing all over the landscape.....

I watched my electronics industry collapse into nothingness over a 20 year period...went into housing/remodeling....import THOSE, bitches......well they totally mis manage that too, for some 'social' cause.....

now that every account is wiped out, and there are no more 'safe' banks or even insurance companies.....

and the green weenies are getting set to BK what is left of the suburban American lifestyle, by forcing 3-4X the utility costs and push gas to some 5 bux again.....

it's OVER rover...the commie bastards in the universities for some 60 years now, have WON the battle.....Harvard/Princeton/Yale/Chicago/UC/Brown/Wellesley/ the rest, for all that money, prestige, and expense, THIS is the leadership we got?? take the entire professor staff out back and mass execution, serious.....bunch of nitwits...the idiots have taken over the assylum and not any doubt.....

I thought some of the crap I was taught at Univ/Md Bus/Pub Admin college was total BULLSHIT back in the early 60's....and guess what?? I"M RIGHT.....

OBVIOUSLY.....

:bump:

jesus, GENE! the world ain't over yet. i feel your frustration though. you want to do your small part to help the problem (and see some commies melt down too)? go take a few night classes. won't really matter which ones you take, more than likely they'll be taught by commies or commie sympathizers. just go and screw with them. they get away with this shit because they're an authority figure and the 18 and 19 year old kids in the class look up to them or don't have the courage to call them when they spew bullshit.
i've gone toe-to-toe with a few over the last few years and it's kind of fun, in an exasperating way. believe me, an adult with real life experience is to these "professors" like water to the wicked witch of the west.

jesus, GENE! the world ain't over yet. i feel your frustration though. you want to do your small part to help the problem (and see some commies melt down too)? go take a few night classes. won't really matter which ones you take, more than likely they'll be taught by commies or commie sympathizers. just go and screw with them. they get away with this shit because they're an authority figure and the 18 and 19 year old kids in the class look up to them or don't have the courage to call them when they spew bullshit.
i've gone toe-to-toe with a few over the last few years and it's kind of fun, in an exasperating way. believe me, an adult with real life experience is to these "professors" like water to the wicked witch of the west.

After 53 years in the Wash Dc area, I can assure you I want nothing to do with the bastards, except at gunpoint....

:bomb::devil: