C5 regulator return line?

BlackBetty

Does the return line off the c5 regulator need to be fuel injection type hose or can it just be regular 3/8 fuel hose? I would figure its not under much pressure, but thats me. Any input?

Does the return line off the c5 regulator need to be fuel injection type hose or can it just be regular 3/8 fuel hose? I would figure its not under much pressure, but thats me. Any input?

I got away with it for a long time on my C3, L98 conversion running ~40 psi pressure....in fact for my installs the stock '72 steel lines are still in service, and pressures can be as lo as ~30 psi, so plenty of flow....no restriction worth mentioning....I run as high as 45 at idle, and it can go to 60 with return shut down....

over the years I have gone to 250 psi Erols FI hose.....3/8 on the feed, and smaller on the return....

I would imagine, since it's open in the tank, it can't have much pressure at all.

Only reason I ask is because the stinkin fuel injection hose is so expensive..its like 5 bucks a foot.. I picked up some regular 3/8 hose tonight. Gonna try and prime up the fuel system and check for leaks..its pretty cold outside tonight so I dont know how much work Ill actually get done.

I would imagine, since it's open in the tank, it can't have much pressure at all.

Well, that's the whole point, most it can have is a flow rate restriction as evidenced by a very high min pressure in the FI rails or carb feed line...

not happening for ME, now I suppose someone with 500+ hp on a BBC or blown whatever rig....will have some min pressure problems, but still, from what I hear the injectors run about the same pressures, but greater flow rates for high output engines....

:drink: