Custom Wheel Market

Anyone have an experience with these guys or know anything about the quality of the wheels? Cheap knock offs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-17x8-CHROME-WHEELS-RIMS-TIRES-CORVETTE-C3-68-69-70_W0QQitemZ330307273995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330307273995&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Yes, I know two guys who have bought from them. Both satisfied. But a couple things to keep in mind.

1. Those wheels are 4.5 backspace. Our cars take 4.0 bs. So they would be "inboard" 1/2".

2. They are not deep dish. They are a copy of the "Torq Thrust M" for late model cars. What the manufacturer has done is added the extra offset to the back side of the wheel rather than recessing the spokes. Therefore there is about a 2" thick "hub" on the backside of the wheel.

There's nothing wrong with that, but they don't tell you that in the e-bay ad.

Shoot, I missed the BS.

For knock offs, they don't look too bad and the price doesn't look too bad either.

Thanks Luster.

Nothing wrong with these except the backspacing. I bought rims/tires online before but usually the local tire stores price match or come close to the online deal... keep in mind you're paying $40-$60 for balancing and if you buy local it's usually included (lifetime balancing) as well as road hazard.

Those are Chinese American Racing knockoffs but I swear they are identical. Have a set of 20" ARs here and a set of 17" knockoffs an apart from the centercaps I can not find a single difference, they are identical. Just noticed, those have press in center caps, the ones I mean have bolt on caps.

Moved it here for ya,