Hood Color-- POLL

What to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimAT

Addict, Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
I guess I was lucky- if Vanacor did shu down I got a new hood for Ol' Red just in time. I got the long style L-88 hood, but got the higher than stock bump.

Anyway, I'm going to paint the inside of it black, but I'm having some trouble deciding on the outside, so I thought I'd get some more opinions/ideas.

My thoughts so far have been to paint the outside:
satin black
Red
Red with the bump black
Red with a LT-1 style stripe.

Tim,

Get Bird to get Chip Foose to draw it up for us. That would be cool. I used to have a Camero with that hood. It was red with the center part of the hood & scoop in satin black. It really looked nice.

If Foose owes Bird a favor that'd be a big PLUS! I sure can't afford him. But if someone could get me on OverHaulin", come on down.

I voted for the LT-1 style, but I'm kinda likin' this one too....

page70_1.jpg

Last edited:
How about the best of BOTH WORLDS?!!!

72_Chevy_Corvette_DV_06_BJ_a06.jpg

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! And it's got FLAIRS!!!

72_Chevy_Corvette_DV_06_BJ_a01.jpg

Last edited:
You seen the shark that was on my hood, I thinking of a ghost silver shark over what will be flat black for the entire car.....:devil:

I say red with the bump black.....but only if you also carry the stripe to the rear
like the Baldwin Motion cars were done. That would be cool...:thumbs:

No clear choice yet. First thing is getting home. I get home the 5th and leave again on the 13th. I'll wait for some warm weather too. I've got to paint the inside of the hood, I'll do that first and then figure out the rest of it.

I'm leaning toward the hood red with a black bump, but no real decision so far.

Here's a picture of the new hood- no paint yet, but it's really looking like it's going to be Red with the bump painted satin Black. I'm also thinking about doing some ghost graphics in the black. It's been setting all winter so the whole thing is a little dusty. If it ever warms up it's bath time.

2349d784eca55a3.jpg

And I get the clearance to either put the open plenum intake on or go back to the 2x4's :evil:

Last edited: