Wiring aftermarket turn signals?

Shirley1978

ok so i want to mock up some aftermarket turn signals but all the places ive been to so far only have the 2 wire turn signals. the stock wiring has 3 wires, black (ground), Blue, and brown. how can i connect this to the conventional aftermarket lights that only have 2 wires ( a black and a white one.)??

is there a relay or adaptor i need or what? i suck at wiring.. :clobbered:

Most likely the brown will be for running or parking lights, leaving the blue for turn signal power- as you noted, black is ground. So, the black wire from your new light(s) will go to the black wire in your harness and the white will go to the blue.

Most likely the brown will be for running or parking lights, leaving the blue for turn signal power- as you noted, black is ground. So, the black wire from your new light(s) will go to the black wire in your harness and the white will go to the blue.

Yep. Just like a trailer tap. You will most likely need a HD flasher unit too.

will my parking lights still stay on when i have them on? or will they stay off even when the headlights are on?

Unless you use a second light, or one that has double filament bulbs, you won't have any park lights. If you look close at the original bulbs, you can see the double filaments.