Promoting Vette Mod

Jsup

In my blog at Vette Block I have promoted Vette Mod as the best damn Corvette site in existence. (catch it every Wednesday) Because of the management of course (love the position of management here) my next blog will be about forum management ....how bad forum management degrades any value from the forum.

If it means that the biggest ass hole on the internet comes here (yes bigger than DB), well, him and his ass hole friends, should I continue to promote?

Comments welcome. I seek guidance from the Vette Mod crowd.

PS. I have a friend who makes a very good living specializing in SEO (search engine optimization) and helps me with getting the word out.

The problem is, as you grow, ass holes come with it. Do you guys want me to promote growth if it means ass holes? Remember, they are not ALL ass holes, just the nature of the beast.

Thanks

There are two kinds of assholes, tolerable and intolerable. They make their intentions known quickly. VetteMOD has been lucky in that regard. We have only permabanned one member and that was for using a racial slur.

Do we want more people to join? Sure. But realize that the difference between VetteMOD and other "for profit" forums is that our membership numbers are just a measure of success. Our membership numbers are not a metric that we want to inflate because advertising revenue is based on it. We have nothing to sell and we like it that way. I think our membership likes it that way. That's the appeal of VetteMOD.

On a related note, some forums increase their membership by accepting search spiders as members. I think half of DC's membership is search spiders. But the inflated membership and page view number is the one that they "sell" to advertisers.

Got it, quality over quantity. I couldn't agree more.

The problem is, as you grow, ass holes come with it. Do you guys want me to promote growth if it means ass holes? Remember, they are not ALL ass holes, just the nature of the beast.

Thanks
Heck, I thought being an asshole was a prerequisite to join this forum! :harhar: Founding fathers here were all booted from elsewhere before they came here, myself included.

Anyway, I don't think we have ever had a problem handling dickheads like DB in the past.

Man what did i do now????
shoot i thought i was behaving myself quite well :skeptic: i will try harder to be good.

:harhar: Founding fathers here were all booted from elsewhere before they came here, myself included.

So this the Australia of Corvette forums.....

(In my opinion, don't promote it publicly. Let those who seek it find it.
But that is a decision for the founders. I would think as a private 'not for profit' forum, smaller would be easier to deal with. If they wish to 'grow a product' for profit in the future, then it must expand as much as possible.)

G'day, mates.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when are our founding father's mug shots going to appear on some paper currency :lol::lol::lol:
and will it be worth the paper it's printed on :tomato: