I Work With Idiots

Fuelie74

I work for a small company writing service manuals. Last week all part time employees were laid off at my location. This morning we were called in a meeting and notified that there would be no raises this year due to down turn of business. Everyone in the office is bitching now because they aren't getting their raises. We still have jobs and they haven't cut our hours even though many are surfing the web because the is no work for a couple weeks. WTF is wrong with people?

We still have jobs and they haven't cut our hours ....

I agree! Let them get laid off and really give them something to bitch about!!!

When it comes down to no raise or no job, the choice is clear!!!!!:hissyfit:

In the early 80's I worked for a small engineering company, they sold the product line and so I was greatly UNderemployed for some 1.5 YEARS, had a wife/2 kids brand new....I can only say 'THANK YOU' to Dr. Ricci for not letting me go.....I eventually left of my own accord, as it made no more sense with the final company relocation....

:drink:

I'm with Luster. It'd be time for a personal "make work" campaign. Go back and proof-read, check for any changes that need to be made, Get things updated and current. Maybe the end result won't be the same or it may make no difference at all, but management can track what everyone is doing on their computer(s). Me, I'd prefer showing more productivity that the guys surfing the 'net so if it came down to "them or me" management would have a pretty clear choice.

I'm with Luster. It'd be time for a personal "make work" campaign. Go back and proof-read, check for any changes that need to be made, Get things updated and current.

THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT! Now I'm gettin' pissed off. What a bunch of CRYBABIES!!! When times are hard, get your ass in gear and do what needs to be done. It helps you, your company, the economy.....

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHh! That feels much better.:eek::eek::eek:

I'm with Luster. It'd be time for a personal "make work" campaign. Go back and proof-read, check for any changes that need to be made, Get things updated and current.

THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT! Now I'm gettin' pissed off. What a bunch of CRYBABIES!!! When times are hard, get your ass in gear and do what needs to be done. It helps you, your company, the economy.....

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHh! That feels much better.:eek::eek::eek:

:crap:i'ts easier to be RETARRED......:bump:

I'm with Luster. It'd be time for a personal "make work" campaign. Go back and proof-read, check for any changes that need to be made, Get things updated and current. Maybe the end result won't be the same or it may make no difference at all, but management can track what everyone is doing on their computer(s). Me, I'd prefer showing more productivity that the guys surfing the 'net so if it came down to "them or me" management would have a pretty clear choice.
That's really not an option for us. We are a contract company and our main customer doesn't want to spend money on any projects that need to be done let alone republishing old books.

I am not real worried about my job at this time. I am lucky enough to be the only one here that knows some of our systems and can operate the equipment inside the building. The funny part of it is the ones complaining are the ones that have quality issues with their work. Plus worst comes to worst I can always go back to wrenching.