'94 Dodge van DPFI...engine dies...

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
anyone know much about the 318 in B250 vans for that year....???

engine dies at idle when hot at stop signs/lights.....I cleaned the t-body...maybe need to better at that....take it off and make it sanitary....

it's running rough also...going to try Techron...

anything else??

:bonkers:

What's the idle speed in drive?

Is it a MAF or MAP system?

Could be vac leak, the EGR valve...yadda yadda, need more info

Pulled and cleaned the tbody...it's a HOLLEY SYSTEM marked HOLLEY V8 on the tbody.....MAP type, simple as hell O2 sensor in line, cat converter already removed and a pipe in place....Previous owner....

trick is the timing was really erratic even when I pulled the plug off the dizzy and the engine kept running.....so I just figgered on the chain....I let it warm up and had it backfire when accelerating up hill in 2nd gear....the idle is all over the map, still really lo when hot.....

so when I get the timing chain and rest of this mess together again....I can tell you more about the thing....

:gurney: I barely got it apart today....tmrw is another day....:hissyfit:

Holley ProJection, uses chrysler egg style injectors, they may be leaking, what do they ohm? (hot & cold) ??

Holley ProJection, uses chrysler egg style injectors, they may be leaking, what do they ohm? (hot & cold) ??

Egg style?? they looked like the old caddy type outta the 70's or modern ones like LT or ven L98 to me....same connector, I think...

need finish that timing chain first....supposed to be in the 30f region overnight...going to take a couple days at that rate....

:eek::surrender: