Sad day at the office

That's just sensless. Drunk and 100MPH. I know when I have A BEER OR TWO (nowhere near drunk) I drive 5 MPH under the speed limit, not double it.

Sad, very sad.

That's terrible. Drunk drivers who kill or maim someone should be shot!

My friend and co-worker, who I have known for years, was killed last night by a drunk driver.
St. Louis Post Dispatch

Bullshark

I"m SO sorry to hear that, and too boot, a very old friend came to visit just last weekend and we went down to see yet another olde tyme buddy who moved to Cocoa Florida, just south of the Titusville space center....so

the story was circulating YEARS ago that he had killed a man....and he confirmed it was true....

not what you think....

a drunk wiped out his wife and at least one kid......he waited....and killed the guy ......state of Pennsylvania trial....for he WAS Acquitted as it was JUSTIFIABLE Homicide......

When he was free to go, the Police asked he leave the state....

True story....he has been a VERY good mechanic and has a hell of a shop set up in his back yard....suffers ill health, diabetes, the rest....

nice guy, and VERY competent even with the most modern of cars....age 67....how many really OLDE TYME mechanics can keep up with a modern car??? HE can....

:hissyfit:

on the way down this very topic of his background came up, for a 1 minit discussion....then THIS.....

:banghead::ill::censored:

Wow. It's hard to belive that this still happens, but it does everyday. The penalties have to be much stiffer.. Justifiable homicide is a very good start..

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers... I feel like shit right now, but that pales in comparison to what Robert's family must be feeling. Robert was on his way into work on a hot proposal we were in the middle of. I guess from comments on the StL Post article web page, the guy was a Vet who had returned from four years in Iraq and turned to alcohol as an escape from the mental stress. As much as I respect the job our servicemen are doing over there, that's just no excuse or justification and is pure :crap: As some of you may know, from my posting on CF over the years, my brother was a hard core alcoholic. Fortunately the only person he ever hurt was himself. That picture of the 69 Vert back in the early 70's launched upside down in a creek was the result of drunk driving. I don't know how he ever survived, but somehow the drunks seem to do just that. He passed awhile back at the age of 49 from alcohol's long term effects. Even spending over a year in jail did not help. I suspect this guy will be out and on the road before we know it...... :mad::cussing: I have my doubts that tougher laws help much with these guys.
Stay safe and live your life like there is no tomorrow. You never know.:goodnight:

Bullshark

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss Bob. It reminds us of just how fragile life can be.:confused2:

Wow. It's hard to belive that this still happens, but it does everyday. The penalties have to be much stiffer.. Justifiable homicide is a very good start..

too many ambulance chasers getting these scum bags off with a slap on the wrist by too many liberal judges....it`s on the news here all the time, they follow a guy into court he (or she) gets their license suspended, the CONVICTED drunk driver walks out of court hops into their car and drives away.

Sorry for you loss. Back in the late '70's I had a girlfriend that was killed by a drunk driver. She was trapped in the car and it caught fire.:( I say no mercy for drunk drivers.