Eaton efi blower for sbc? (pics)

There is no way in hell that's going to fit under the hood of any corvette. You didn't mention the year, but it's irrelevant.

Don't foget you'll need at least 60-80LB injectors based on the boost you're going to run.

yeah, it would take a hole in the hood up by the drive pulleys, even with an L88 hood. The cool thing is that the top is flat and the TB comes out the side; way closer to fitting than the normal roots style blowers with the carbs on the top.

I'm just looking for a good blower solution and was curious if anyone had seen this one. If I could go back in time, I think I would rebuild the motor around this Eaton setup, pretty cool really. I just woner how well it works, how much boost it can put out etc.

Here's mine...It fits easily under my L88 hood. I'm using eight 64lb injectors. I'm pushing 700hp & 750lb/ft at around 8psi. With a 3.3liter s/c, it's just loafing...

engine1.jpg

Last edited:
What are you using for a throttle body? Like to see what you did there. Are you getting air from the cowl?

Here's mine...It fits easily under my L88 hood. I'm using eight 64lb injectors. I'm pushing 700hp & 750lb/ft at around 8psi. With a 3.3liter s/c, it's just loafing...

engine1.jpg

700 hp with 8 pounds of boost? Not trying to be rude here, but do you have some documentation supporting that? I'm running that same amount of boost (with a turbo), and my guesstimation of my system is substantially less than 700 horses.

What are you using for a throttle body? Like to see what you did there. Are you getting air from the cowl?

Yes - it works out perfectly with the cowl type hood to get air from that high pressure area at the base of the windshield.

The throttle body is made by Whipple and is GM compatible. All GM parts fit it, such as temp sensors, TPS, IAC, etc. It appears to be carved out of one big chunk of aluminum. Here are a couple more pix...

Here's how it looked the day it arrived via UPS. I changed the metallic filters to K&N filters for the street.
charger01%20s.jpg

Side view showing the TPS. The diaphragm works a valve that bypasses the s/c at low demand.
P1090008S.JPG

There's a fuel rail under the filter. The injectors are just behind it. They inject just upstream of the rotors. This cools the mixture as it is pressurized - and Whipple adds that it pretty much completely atomizes the fuel. I didn't bother with their intercooler. There's no sequential here...
P5040005.JPG

This side shows the IAC, IAT sensor, and throttle linkage. The linkage is very adjustable.
P6260021S.JPG

700 hp with 8 pounds of boost? Not trying to be rude here, but do you have some documentation supporting that? I'm running that same amount of boost (with a turbo), and my guesstimation of my system is substantially less than 700 horses.

Here's a page from one of the dyno runs from 4 years ago. It was the first time the engine had run. It was also the first time I had used the C950. Of course, I had no idea what I was doing... ;) I just wanted to get the engine running before I took it home from the builder, and make sure everything "checked out" OK before I installed it in the car.
dyno06.JPG

This is the corresponding datalog from C950 (or the pull just prior). I was using a supercharged SB Chevy map from Holley. As far as I can tell, the map (red line) peaked at around 9psi boost. The rpm limiter starts to kick in at 6000. Most of the run was around 7-8 psi. If I wanted to go higher, I'd get a smaller pulley. However, the car & engine is such a monster now, I think it'll be OK for quite a while.
datalog.JPG

Last edited:
Nice setup Z.... wish it would work on a BB / L-88 Hood config.

Bullshark

Who knows? It might fit...got an extra 10-11 inches? My hood clears by a good 3 inches or so. Once you get rid of that darn carb, it's surprising how much room you have. Even though this graphic is old, you can get a feel for the size...

hotrod_graphic.gif

Nice setup Z.... wish it would work on a BB / L-88 Hood config.

Bullshark

Who knows? It might fit...got an extra 10-11 inches?

Probably not. My RamJet 502 has a 11' height from front china wall on the front of the block to the top of the throttle body. With that I had to raise my L-88 hood ~ 1.5" to provide adequate clearance. Looking at your diagrams your setup would require something similar. Stock L-88 would be a couple of inches short. It would fit under RamJet's hood, but hell, that engine will put me in the ditch fast enough. :smash:
:beer:
Bullshark