Any info on larger wheels & tire replacement?

hil

Im thinking about buying new wheels and tires for my 85 Vette. Saw these on Ebay. Anybody know about up sizing from the original size wheels and tires to this new size?
a combination set of four brand new HIGHLY POLISHED ALUMINUM replica ZR-1 style rims, center caps and tires. There is 2-17 x 9.5 (+38mm,6.7" backspace) front and 2-17x11 (+36mm, 7.397" backspace) rear. See link below for details, thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...arms=tab=Watching&item=260357559020&viewitem=

Excellent looking wheels/tires. I've seen those same wheel & tire packages on eBay for under $1000 shipped. Be patient and search around.

BTW, that is the best looking wheel for a C4!!!:wink::wink::wink:

Excellent looking wheels/tires. I've seen those same wheel & tire packages on eBay for under $1000 shipped. Be patient and search around.

BTW, that is the best looking wheel for a C4!!!:wink::wink::wink:

Yeh, they ok, but STAY AWAY IF THEY ARE CHROMED.....too much flex in the aluminum there near the rim, so the chrome peels off the aluminum....

years ago a friend had his done TWICE.....ZR1 identical wheels...chrome, and they peeled both times.....

:stirpot::suicide:

I've had these ZR1 wheels on my Z28 for years, mine were original GM rims, not China replicas - they were at least 10 years old when I sold them, the chrome was in excellent shape.
Look at a few F-body websites, these wheels are all over the for sale sections.

Buy your tires locally, many tire shops match prices and they offer free lifetime balancing and road hazard - it's about $50 to get 4 tires balanced if you bought the tires elsewhere....