EPA ONE more time.....bastards.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
So I run up to PepBoys and buy some simple fiberglass resin hardner....16 bux for a quart...just to pour into some cut open cracks in the body and to soak into some what appear to be surface stress cracks.....

so I mix the shit up, Bondo product....and then apply, 4 hours later, still tacky...I think, ok, hell with it, check the car this morning....STILL tacky...hardly cured a bit....I don't give a damn if it's frucking ZERO outside, that shit should cure overnight....45F this AM early....

so I go return the unused crap, get another can from Home Despot and this time a can of MEK....quart if 8.97 talk about HIGH....to boot it don't even smell as strong as MEK USED TO.....so anyway, I mix up the new can...and so far the test tablespoon got hard, like jello fairly quick....so I stuck the second batch on the car....

We will see......thing is, not the hardener OR the can really smell all that strongly like MEK....somthing WAY in hell thinned out version...1/2 water.....

SO, in the checkout line I"m talking friendly with the cashier who I know at HD about my troubles, and the accompanying PIA.....the guy behind me....hearing a chemical/EPA type issue.....

HE OPENS UP.....seems the Challenger Disaster what we loose 5-7? astronauts...on account of them TILES came off when they never were a problem before????

EPA got into there, and forced another adhesive on them.....

:tomato::surrender:

EVERYTHING that damn agency touches, turns to shit....

Bastards puleld the plug on yellow normalizing after galvanzing here, it's the gold ca color. Problem is the Chrome 6, it's carcinogenic and as of this year they won't do that anymore.... rats, 'twas my favorite finish :(