Ebay rotors - photos

MYBAD79

I received my rotors and I'm impressed. I received two front rotors and two rear rotors, not a "one size fits all". I measured the offset and the front and rear rotors are roughly .080" different, I measured metric so it was 2mm difference f/r.

21498edaab6ad39.jpg

Front rotors have holes for the rivets:

21498edaac48a2b.jpg

Rear rotors have holes for the parking brake adjuster but no rivet holes. I am going to drill these myself and use a old spindle as a template.

21498edaad04451.jpg

I am going to sand the hats and paint them with black caliper paint. The caliper paint that I have on my old rotors is almost 5 years old and it's holding up great, I do not expect this fancy coating to last that long...

I guess for $142 shipped I cannot complain :D:D Ebay seller is "brakestopinc"

those look like the one's I got for my C4, odd the rear didn't come drilled. Actually those are the first one's I've noticed that were pre-drilled. Are you going to tap your hubs to use screw instead of rivets?

The front hubs are already tapped, the rears are tapped but the new trailing arms are not installed yet....

I drilled the holes for the bolts and enlarged the holes for the studs so that the 1/2" fit as well as the 5/8" studs that are going to be installed at some time....(front is already done in 5/8").

Installed the rotors on the rebuilt trailing arms: runout is under .004" without any shims.

214990e4d522f25.jpg

Here are the two trailing arms :

214990e4d711dc4.jpg

Great price and they look good too!
I have been thinking about these for the 65 for purely cosmetic reasons. The new 17" wheels show allot of rotor and caliper.

Great price and they look good too!
I have been thinking about these for the 65 for purely cosmetic reasons. The new 17" wheels show allot of rotor and caliper.

My stock rotors are still in pretty good shape, I got these mainly for cosmetic reasons - less rust and more holes....

The front is done - runout is .004" - .005" without any shims. I was able to measure only between the outermost holes and the edge of the rotor so anywhere closer to the center the runout should be better than .004"

2149981472d964a.jpg

They should work fine for the auto-x, I won't be on track for awhile. Plus my car isn't really that fast.

How much is the endurance kit and the pads though?

I think the wilwoods will be fine for sebring hpde, top speed is probably 115 mph there

This car is running stock calipers, probably vbandp insulated, I doubt they are j56, think hes running around 115 in the back straight.

[ame=http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r31/myphotoswin/?action=view&current=videos022.flv]th_videos022.jpg[/ame]

I think I like these best, you can get them slotted only so they won't crack

200 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

don`t do it...save up for Wilwood hats and rotors, the Guldstrand endurance kit, premium brake pads and fluid...when you hit the road coarse you`ll be happy you did....

Wo there.

Wait a second...What exactly is in a Gouldstrand endurance kit? Wilwood hats and rotors????

For years you've been saying all you need is J56 stuff to do any kind of racing you want.

200 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

don`t do it...save up for Wilwood hats and rotors, the Guldstrand endurance kit, premium brake pads and fluid...when you hit the road coarse you`ll be happy you did....

Wo there.

Wait a second...What exactly is in a Gouldstrand endurance kit? Wilwood hats and rotors????

For years you've been saying all you need is J56 stuff to do any kind of racing you want.

do your own homework....this isn`t kindergarten (or the CF)

200 shipped

Wo there.

The endurance kit is a spacer in between the calipers that allows you to run thick pads

You are still using j56 stuff

And redvetracr I don't have any money left so it's mainly convincing my dad we need to upgrade stuff. He just recently accepted the fact that shock absorbers are necessary. He like the wilwoods so it's a start there.

I'll contact guldstrand and see about the endurance kit though, I wonder what it runs? I imagine not too bad, just spacers. The pads are probably pricey but they should last a long time

I'm not sure if they will fit in my rims though

The endurance kit is a spacer in between the calipers that allows you to run thick pads

I'll contact guldstrand and see about the endurance kit though, I wonder what it runs? I imagine not too bad, just spacers. The pads are probably pricey but they should last a long time

I'm not sure if they will fit in my rims though

Spacers? Won't that just make the caliper less stiff?

You ain't going to use up a set of pads in a track day or even 2 days so it's a meaningless upgrade. We can't compare what we do to what Howard does. It's not in the same league by a long shot.