Oil pan gasket question

bahamasair

I have my 427 back together but am not feeling too confidant in the fel pro 1 piece oil pan gasket. I have a milodon pan and it was a whore to get on with the studs and gasket in place. I even had to enlarge a couple of the holes where they didnt line up with the studs 100%. Even then I had to torque the hell out of them to pull the pan down on the ends where the gasket was so thick. Id like to make sure its not leaking before putting it on the chassis. My plan is to fill it with oil while its still on the stand and then tilt the motor to one side slightly and leave it over night then do the same for the other side, front and rear. Does this make sense or is it pointless without the oil being hot and thin? Looking all the way round it looks like its sealed with no gaps but Im still uneasy after all the pounding etc I had to do.

Are you sure you got the correct gasket and the correct pan ?

I installed this 1pc gasket and it was absolutely painless.

Yea Im 100% sure. I think its more the pan than the gasket. The rear corners were bent up quite a bit and the studs that go into the timing chain cover didn't line up very well. All the holes in the gasket lined up fine. The only problem I had with the gasket was the front and rear that go over the timing chain cover and the rear bearing cap seemed thick. Ive read quite a few people having the same problem but really just want to make sure I have no leaks.