Stuck brake line/fitting on brake junction block

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Well, I'm getting most of the plumbing done on the new frame, but ran into a hiccup. I'm reusing the original junction block, and one of the fittings is frozen. For reasons that continue to amaze me, GM used a couple different size fittings on the block. All the larger fittings (with a 9/16 hex) came out fine. The one fitting with the damn 7/16 hex is frozen. I'm soaking it with a variety of penetrating fluids, but in the meantime, anybody got any useful hints to coax things along?

Thanks,
Mike

VICE grips on the offending nut, hold the brass with a crescent wrench...

BTDT....otherwise have fun.....

:D:devil:

use heat on it....do you have torch? and is that a brass junction box? if so its probably just mechanically wedged in there and not corroded in place

Well, I finally got the fitting out. I had to cut the frozen line so I could get the junction block off the frame. I soaked it for a couple days, and then used a six-point wrench on it. (The prior use of my tubing wrench was a waste of time, as it kept trying to round out.) I also ended up having to cut some of the fittings off the old lines to re-use, as they're an odd size that aren't easily found in parts stores. I hope to have all the hard lines done tomorrow, with the exception of the master cylinder lines, as I'm waiting until I get the body put back on to install the C5 m/c so I can route the lines.

tip of the top hat....need save the old GM nutz off them lines, if you can, to mate with their stuff again over the new lines you buy at the parts house....
I must have some of them rattling around in that shit heap that I call a parts place....TimAT seen it, HE knows....

save EVERY part off EVERY car for 50 years, before long you can't find them either.....

sometimes I have to re use a olde rounded off nut and surely it don't look nice, but it works....

having a double flare tool helps....