Carb Advice

Jsup

ON another forum I frequent, I have had some PM exchanges with one of the guys from BG carbs.

Based on the LARS thread I suggested he register here. The guy really knows carbs.

He is a bit hesitant as he works for the manufacturer, and has been shown the door from other Corvette Forums, as it conflicted with forum sponsors. He's not a product pushing type of guy, but actually helps people. He does not hide the fact he's from a manufacturer.

What do you guys think? Would his presence help as a resident carb guy?

Let me know I'll forward the comments.

EYE have no issue, long as he admits the best carb is the old Carter AFB.....or the later AVS, if necessary......

:yahoo::yahoo: Butt, I"m not the one in control....

:flash:

It says "we don't".... does it say "we won't" ??? So, even based on simple grammar your insinuation is way off. Furtheremore, we have no intentions on having supporting vendors. I don't get what you're whining about even, it's not consting you a dime and we even tolerate you......it's free! Does the gift horse ring a bell?

wonder if it is the same guy i was talking too at DC and just when i was getting some good info,they made him leave. Bring the guy over here

It says "we don't".... does it say "we won't" ??? So, even based on simple grammar your insinuation is way off. Furtheremore, we have no intentions on having supporting vendors. I don't get what you're whining about even, it's not consting you a dime and we even tolerate you......it's free! Does the gift horse ring a bell?

I would be a supporting member at a higher price NOT to have supporting vendors. Then you can truly be the "INDEPENDENT" Corvette site. Some sites have vendors, others are courting them. None of them are INDEPENDENT.

I would be a supporting member at a higher price NOT to have supporting vendors. Then you can truly be the "INDEPENDENT" Corvette site. Some sites have vendors, others are courting them. None of them are INDEPENDENT.

I agree, and I think I have said that I"d be willing to help much as I can....

but IF that took place, I don't think 'supporting members' need have any special inputs/consideration....that way it's fair to everyone, not laying off the whole financial mess to a couple/3 guys, whoever....

:waxer:

EYE have no issue, long as he admits the best carb is the old Carter AFB.....or the later AVS, if necessary......

Is the Carter AFB the best? For any and all applications? Is it the easiest to tune/calibrate for whatever you want to do? And then retain that tune/calibration regardless of weather/atmospheric conditions?
WIll it support blower applications? And what about the early Carter they used on the T-Bird? Run without an air cleaner and it might set the windshield on fire for you.

:fishing:

Is the Carter AFB the best? For any and all applications? Is it the easiest to tune/calibrate for whatever you want to do? And then retain that tune/calibration regardless of weather/atmospheric conditions?
WIll it support blower applications? And what about the early Carter they used on the T-Bird? Run without an air cleaner and it might set the windshield on fire for you.

The new Performers are made by Weber for Edelbrock. You should get a couple.:lol:

The new Performers are made by Weber for Edelbrock. You should get a couple.:lol:

I never had a problem on the street or drags...but I understand they have fuel slosh problems in autocross....dunno, as never been on a autocross course but once, with DPFI....maybe 9 years ago....

Carter on a Ford?? never knew Ford used a Carter....let alone a AFB....WCFB?? iron base unit is what I know of from my '60 vette....too long ago for a one and only encounter to remember much....

:crutches: