what do you think

kwplot34

Heart Attack
of these rotors here,there has been a lot of threads here recently about rotors and these look like nice rotors and a good price free shipping to boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__1965-1982-CORVETTE-DRILL-SLOT-F-R-ROTORS-no-PADS_W0QQitemZ250365110087QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item250365110087&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

You have to make sure they're sending you front and rear rotors. the rear rotors have a slightly different offset and the additional holes for the parking brake adjuster.
Email the seller first, describe the difference between F and R and get their confirmation that they're going to send you two fronts and two rears.... if they still send you four front rotors call the credit card company, fax them a copy of the email to the seller and have them get the money back for you....

I ordered a set too, from "rotorstop inc" on Fleebay..... can't wait to see what I'm getting (I have their email stating I'll get F and R rotors and two different part numbers for F and R) ;)

Here's a pretty good install video that also shows the problems you can run into:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/....htm?ref=5ccae9c4-75b7-4dbb-95dd-9b340173d156

You have to make sure they're sending you front and rear rotors. the rear rotors have a slightly different offset and the additional holes for the parking brake adjuster.

I measured the offset on the rotors that were on my car. Front and rear were the same. I measured another set on a car, offset was the same front and rear. And yes, the rears had the park brake adjustment hole and the fronts did not.

Maybe the slightly different offset is an urban legend.

I measured the offset on the rotors that were on my car. Front and rear were the same. I measured another set on a car, offset was the same front and rear. And yes, the rears had the park brake adjustment hole and the fronts did not.

Maybe the slightly different offset is an urban legend.

NO it is NOT, the rears have a thinner flange/Face where the studs stick through...you can measure the hat from outside and it's all identical....but the thickness of that mounting face the hub/wheel sandwich with is different, the fronts are thicker by almost a 1/8 inch....maybe a 1/16, but it's enough to mess up the brake pads.....

I chaulk it off to one end not talking to the other when designing the car...at the engineering lab...so they too the easy way out when the problem turned up, and they had too many calipers mount brackets, so just ordered more rotors for whatever end, and 'fixed' the problem with another part #....

:bounce::bump:

I stand corrected!

The offset is 1.85 on both BUT the flange on the front is .38 thick and the flange on the rear is .28 thick as you describe.

Is anything wrong with shimming the caliper or the rotor get the rotor centered between the caliper halves ??

I stand corrected!

The offset is 1.85 on both BUT the flange on the front is .38 thick and the flange on the rear is .28 thick as you describe.

Yea But,

if the measurement from the inside of the flange (mounting surface) is the same who cares. That just means the wheel is 0.1 further out.

The inside measurement is .100" different (from inboard side of rotor down to the mating surface for the spindle or hub).

Did you order your rotors ??

Yea But,

if the measurement from the inside of the flange (mounting surface) is the same who cares. That just means the wheel is 0.1 further out.

Apparently, GM. Since they love standardization, I would imagine there IS a reason.

when i get ready to order them i will call them and ask the these questions to make sure they have ft rotors and rear rotors that are correct. Do they look like they should be good rotors and is the price reasonable?

when i get ready to order them i will call them and ask the these questions to make sure they have ft rotors and rear rotors that are correct. Do they look like they should be good rotors and is the price reasonable?

Are the the iRotors for $170? I couldn't follow your ebay address.

These are measurements from my rotors:

Attachments

• C3 Rotor.pdf
    7.5 KB · Views: 17

Are the the iRotors for $170? I couldn't follow your ebay address.

$170 bucks,plus free shipping.
that addy is kind of funky,let me see if i can fix that.

http://stores.ebay.com/ROTORPROS_Corvette_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ3QQftidZ2QQsclZ0QQtZkm

:bump:

ordered mine for $142 shipped.... can't wait to see if they really send me a set of two front and two rear rotors....

Those are pretty cheap...I mean inexpensive........

For a couple of grand more you could have these:

http://www.reddevilbrakes.com/page/page/1001014.htm

I don't have a couple grand to spare :skeptic: saving all my money for a new project which is setting in Darrow's drive way right now,and i almost have enough :bounce:
then i have to figure out how to get it from Ca to Mo :amazed:

hmmmm.... what's the "new project" ?????

A 67 chevy truck 1/2 ton 283 motor,i saw it in his driveway when i was out for the Bird run and said to my self i want this truck. It's just as plain and stock as it could be.