Cheap Wideband....

http://www.14point7.com/JAW/JAW.htm

What do you guys think of this, just for testing....

$115, complete with the display. Yeah, I'll have to go to RadioCrap and get a box to put it in...but for the money?

Comments?

I know that a factory O2 goes from .1 to .9 volts, ans supposedly acts as more of a switch than anything telling the puter to go rich or lean...fine...

I HEAR a wideband goes from 1 to 5 volts?? much wider of course, and almost has to have a fairly scaleable reading that y ou can read with a DVM just like the stockers, and then glance at a chart for what that means in A/F ratio...

so far as I can see, why not have just the heated sensor itself, and screw the electronics??? simple enough....further why can't a programmer for most any GM computer, do a wide band input??? further along, why can't we have a select on that program to run the engine lean as hell under light loads and idle conditions???? save gas....economy, piss on the so called EPA regs.....

THAT is the 'new frontier' I am interested in for my electronics....not changing computers again for another go round....better to work with the stock shit....

:bump: