Door jambs

kwplot34

Heart Attack
since mine are already painted,what is the best or an easier way than lots of tape to mask these off so i do not get over spray in there,the door hing area really needs protected since it will be impossible to get in there and clean it up.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some 1/2" thick weatherstripping foam, it's in the AC section.... it comes on a roll and has adhesive on one side...

I used it when I painted the Karmann Ghia, glued that stuff to the opening and closed the door.

I masked the hinge area before I re-installed the doors :drink::3rd:

If you already installed the doors, stuff some newspaper in there when the doors are open, tape right up to the edge as good as you can get to it... stick the foam to the body and then close the door...

if there is some overspray or a small "edge" where the tape was, 1500 grit sandpaper will get rid of it.

I heard from a few guys that they prefer to paint the door jambs last, the overspray is easier to sand and buff on the exterior panels.... makes sense to me....

Yea something i did not think about when i painted the jambs :push: i managed to keep the over spray out when i shot the primer,but was looking for other ideas,all that masking took forever