Scanner Pro/Tuner Pro Dataloging

Jsup

I'm trying to record WTF is going on with the car. I have data logging working in both Scanner Pro and In tuner pro. I'm getting values for all the sensors, BLMs and everything.

Here's the problem. How do I record this stuff? Tuner Pro: When I go to record I get a message that says no ADL file available to record to. In set up it says, "Select a file for record/play" I don't have one. How do I create one? Same in Scanner Pro I guess.

How do I get this to work?

This is a guess, but you need to create a file called ALDL or whatever they want in your C or maybe Thumb drive, and then open that file....so it can be written to or addressed.....

I have a vague recollection of doing that with the only computer that could talk to the Mega Squirt I played with 2 years ago....

more to do with windoze than the car computer or data...needs a place for the data to go .....

:crutches:

This is a guess, but you need to create a file called ALDL or whatever they want in your C or maybe Thumb drive, and then open that file....so it can be written to or addressed.....

I have a vague recollection of doing that with the only computer that could talk to the Mega Squirt I played with 2 years ago....

more to do with windoze than the car computer or data...needs a place for the data to go .....

I'm trying to figure out how to create it. It should be created within the context of the program, or it won't work I would expect.

I'm trying to figure out how to create it. It should be created within the context of the program, or it won't work I would expect.

It is my understanding you need create a file...call it CAR and tell the ALDL to write the info to that location, it should open it automatically, I think....

that is as far as I got with my computer, on account of all sorts of knowledge on my count...

but it DID record data...not that I knew jack shit waht in hell to DO with it...

:bonkers:

LInda just showed me on her machine, desktop.....start, my computer, C drive it says local disc C, then right click program file, NEW, name the file....or pull it to the desktop so you can find it easy again without going nutz in this bullshit to find it again.....so when your CAR file is on desktop the ALDL knows to go find the CAR file...and so there you are....the desktop prompt/whatever/icon,...is to just make it easy to find.....I have 50 billion pix to my decktop so I can find them....:bonkers::crutches:

It is my understanding you need create a file...call it CAR and tell the ALDL to write the info to that location, it should open it automatically, I think....

that is as far as I got with my computer, on account of all sorts of knowledge on my count...

but it DID record data...not that I knew jack shit waht in hell to DO with it...

:bonkers:

LInda just showed me on her machine, desktop.....start, my computer, C drive it says local disc C, then right click program file, NEW, name the file....or pull it to the desktop so you can find it easy again without going nutz in this bullshit to find it again.....so when your CAR file is on desktop the ALDL knows to go find the CAR file...and so there you are....the desktop prompt/whatever/icon,...is to just make it easy to find.....I have 50 billion pix to my decktop so I can find them....:bonkers::crutches:

That's to create a folder, I need to create a file. Files go in folders and files are typically created within the context of the program you're using. For example, Excel will create an .XLS file, Word will be .DOCX Power Point will be PPT.

I need to understand how to make the original file, I can't find where to do it.

You can use the command line utility fsutil.exe to create a file.
It has many variables.

Just because it will have the same extension as the prog's file doesn't mean it will work if the prog didn't create it.

Perhaps you have a limited version of the prog. It is common for the "save" feature to not work or be disabled.

You can use the command line utility fsutil.exe to create a file.
It has many variables.

Just because it will have the same extension as the prog's file doesn't mean it will work if the prog didn't create it.

Perhaps you have a limited version of the prog. It is common for the "save" feature to not work or be disabled.

ok, how do I get to that FSUTIL? I paid for the program with the Ostrich when I got it. There should be no limitations.

DO I have to do that EVERY TIME I start a recording/datalogging?

Fsutil is sort of like dos in xp.
Start>run
You must type in the correct syntax like dos. It will create a file in xp, but I seriously doubt it will work with the 2 programs.

Here is their forum, try posting there.

http://forum.tunerpro.net/

Thanks, I'm running VISTA, I know I know, will it matter?

I skipped Vista, went from xppro to Windows7 beta, so I don't know.
Vista has been out long enough for cured issues. It was mostly hardware anyway, not your type of problem.

Try posting your problem on their forum, for the author.

I skipped Vista, went from xppro to Windows7 beta, so I don't know.
Vista has been out long enough for cured issues. It was mostly hardware anyway, not your type of problem.

Try posting your problem on their forum, for the author.

Done and done ....thanks

OK, all seems to be working. I got some data logs. Now I just have to figure out WTF they mean.