Lowering kit

cajos1968

I have a set of lowering bolts for the rear. It come including 4 "cups" for the rubber bushing. These cups are also on the spring and on the trailing arm. The seem to be fixed on the car is that right? Or should I use some brute force to remove them?

They pop out of the spring and off the arm. They rust tight in the holes over time. They should easily pop out by prying with a screw driver.

If you have new cups just pry the old ones out, the previous owner might have used a ball peen hammer to flare the part that's on the opposite side of the cup... did that when I installed mine to keep them from falling out....

All are out, the ones in the trailing arm, simply by force. The others on the spring, I just used a grinder. If the main ring is of you can pry out the smaller ring.

More pictures of the assembly

These gave some problems during removal.

100_1174.jpg

Old vs new:

100_1177.jpg

Shock mounts:

100_1161.jpg

100_1162.jpg

The old one is clearly shorter and the nut was welded on, also the other end. Also the left side shock mound had an odd angle?

Here is the new bolt, the rubber and bold combination are too thick to get the backing plate for the sway bar bracket in between. Hmmmm, I will just wait for the car to be on the ground with all 4's on.

100_1165.jpg

Every thing ready for the shock mount.

100_1167.jpg

No issues on this end.

100_1169.jpg

All loosely mounted.

100_1173.jpg

Torquing nuts and bold's later with the engine wheels mounted

Last edited:
More pictures of the assembly

These gave some problems during removal.

100_1174.jpg

Old vs new:

100_1177.jpg

Shock mounts:

100_1161.jpg

100_1162.jpg

The old one is clearly shorter and the nut was welded on, also the other end.

Here is the new bolt, the rubber and bold combination are too thick to get the backing plate for the sway bar bracket in between. Hmmmm, I will just wait for the car to be on the ground with all 4's on.

100_1165.jpg

Every thing ready for the shock mount.

100_1167.jpg

No issues on this end.

100_1169.jpg

All loosely mounted.

100_1173.jpg

Torquing nuts and bold's later with the engine wheels mounted

Last edited: