SOLD the Vette:

SMYDA

Knuckle Dragger
My son had mixed emotions........but after much discussion and weighing the
Pros and Cons we decided to let her go. We have really gotten consumed
with dirt bikes and spend most of our time riding trials. We have a 1 1/2 mile
track that starts in my front yard, talk about convenient. 3 Honda XRs for the
boys and a Kawasaki KDX 200 for me. Not to mention my daughters horse.
I can't afford it all....somethings got to go. In all honesty the Corvette was
the least practical project.

The Vette is going to one of the estimators at our shop.....so it ain't going far...LOL.
Maybe I'll get him to join the forum and post his progress. :D

Ah shit, oh well, understandable....time and money....ages old equation, I used to have other interests with my kids too....gotta keep the short people busy so they don't get into trouble....that is a good thing to do, you don't have to beat their asses on account of the dirt bikes did it FOR you....:yahoo:

check in once in a while, if nothing else, to say hello or fuck you all, or other words of endearment....

:rofl::1st:

I have owned quiet a few dirt bikes, still have a 650cc KLX ..... that said, people usually don't break their bones restoring a Vette.... be careful on those bikes....

My son had mixed emotions........but after much discussion and weighing the
Pros and Cons we decided to let her go. We have really gotten consumed
with dirt bikes and spend most of our time riding trials. We have a 1 1/2 mile
track that starts in my front yard, talk about convenient. 3 Honda XRs for the
boys and a Kawasaki KDX 200 for me. Not to mention my daughters horse.
I can't afford it all....somethings got to go. In all honesty the Corvette was
the least practical project.

The Vette is going to one of the estimators at our shop.....so it ain't going far...LOL.
Maybe I'll get him to join the forum and post his progress. :D

Hell yes on the KDX 200, giant killer of the woods, you know you can buy heaver flywheels for that bike, to make it a little more woods friendly. :yahoo:

Broken bones suck, after 20 years of racing I think I'm finally done. But it is fun riding with kids so I know what your into, heck if my son still lived here we'd still be riding every weekend. Actually I just bought my daughter one for Christmas, hope she doesn't get hooked.

Attachments

• Allison bike.jpg
    Allison bike.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 8
Broken bones suck, after 20 years of racing I think I'm finally done. But it is fun riding with kids so I know what your into, heck if my son still lived here we'd still be riding every weekend. Actually I just bought my daughter one for Christmas, hope she doesn't get hooked.

hehe....Wife's kid, my stepson, bought his two daughters some 4 wheeler stuff he limited the speed on, about 2++ a million acres to run around on, they crazy, them gals.....helmets and all, bouncing along as best they can going much faster then he can run at this point.....:eek:h:

Gals are just as crazy as guys....so that don't mean jack diddly her being a chick and all.....

:yahoo::rofl:

Selling the Vette is NOT a very good reason to stop coming around. I'll look forward to seeing you step up when someone has a body/paint question.

:) Thanks Guys..........I still plan to drop in.
We've been so darn busy at the shop, I've been going in at 5am and skipping
lunch. When I get home my brain is fried.....I don't want to look at, or even
talk about cars. The bike has been a great stress relief....even though every
time I'm hanging one of the curves on my dirt/gravel road....the words,
"CAREFUL...you have to go to work tomorrow..... you GOT to go to work tomorrow"
run through my head...:rofl:

Still can't get away from the bodywork.....I've already replaced the rear fender
with a MX style one and in the middle of installing new graphics. :yahoo:
The guys at the shop have been taking bets on how many days it will be before I bust
my ass :gurney: :nuts: I had an '81 Honda CR125R.....but that was 20+ years ago :)

Remember I'm only a PM away. I still plan drop in and if I get any more Paint & Body
Vette info I'll be sure to post it. :thumbs:

John,

Dirt bikes are fun. Then when the son starts wanting to race, they become expensive. Then you have to buy a trailer, & a motorhome to haul it to the races. Then you have to have 2 race bikes, & 2 practice bikes. It's damn expensive, but some of the best quality family times you will have.

Enjoy, but don't go far!

John,

Dirt bikes are fun. Then when the son starts wanting to race, they become expensive. Then you have to buy a trailer, & a motorhome to haul it to the races. Then you have to have 2 race bikes, & 2 practice bikes. It's damn expensive, but some of the best quality family times you will have.

Enjoy, but don't go far!

Then you qualify for Ponca, Loretta Lynns, Areanscross, Nationals.....:1st:

Be careful with these bikes....

[ame=http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/junkandmore/?action=view&current=moto1.flv]
th_moto1.jpg
[/ame]

That's gonna leave a mark...

Wonder if he got a Darwin for that one.....sheer stupid.....Unbefuckingleiveable stupid.....That's the kind of shit I expect Les's kids from across the street to do, they dumb as a box of rocks.....and into dirt bikes.....

:shocking: