PDA

View Full Version : Brake line Tee fittings source

01-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm plumbing up the brake system, but there's a couple items I haven't found at a parts store yet. Near the trailing arm bolt areas there's a Tee and a 90* fitting (on the stock C3 system), but they've got slots in them so that they can be "fastened" to the frame tab with one of those U-shaped locks. Where can I find some new versions of these things? (I don't have an old system to take apart to recycle these things.) Suggestions or sources?

thanks,
Mike

01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Found 'em!

Twin_Turbo
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Who did you end up using? inline tube?

01-29-2009, 01:27 AM
I bought a spool of 3/16 tubing from Summit Racing, and found the fittings at Volunteer Vette Products ($17 for the LR fitting, $9 for the RR). They seemed to have the best prices.

MYBAD79
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Most vendors have these fittings, almost $30 for two fittings is ridiculous but you saved so much on the tubing - overall you probably get it done for half of what the brake line kits sell for. :1st:

01-31-2009, 03:47 AM
I think I've got most of the brake plumbing parts figured out now, except one. I'm going to run some AN-3 lines from the calipers, but on the front I need an adaptor to go from the 3/16 hardline on the frame to the caliper AN hose. This adaptor needs to be something that will fasten to the brakeline tab welded to the frame. I've seen some 3/16 to AN adaptors, but I'm not seeing anything that would solidly bolt/attach to the tabs. Any help or suggestions? Pictures are appreciated.

Thanks.
Mike

MYBAD79
01-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Could you use the stock adapter, mount that to the hose and frame, use a short piece of the stock brake line with the fitting and flare and then install a AN coupler in the hardline to adapt to your new hardline ???

Try Amazonhose here in Orlando, I'm driving over there today to get some 6AN to 1/4" NPT ellbows.... I talked to them yesterday and they seem to know what they're talking about....

01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Could you use the stock adapter, mount that to the hose and frame, use a short piece of the stock brake line with the fitting and flare and then install a AN coupler in the hardline to adapt to your new hardline ???

Try Amazonhose here in Orlando, I'm driving over there today to get some 6AN to 1/4" NPT ellbows.... I talked to them yesterday and they seem to know what they're talking about....

Not sure I follow you on the first part, but I have heard some guys recommend the Amazonhose place. I'll have to mapquest them and find out where they're at.

Thanks!

MYBAD79
02-01-2009, 02:21 AM
The stock C3 adapter (the part that mounts to the tab that is welded to the frame) is part of the hose.... fuggetabout it, I had a brainfart and thought there was a thread on both sides of this adapter...

Amazonhose is on Princeton, right at the intersection of OBT and Princeton.... very close to I4.... not the best part of Orlando :sweat: