Lars

Kid Vette

Master-Baiter
Anybody heard from him lately? I guess he's not posting at CF anymore. He last posted 29NOV09, "You guys go do what you want. I'm done with this crap. If you want solid tech advice, you know where to find me. Bye. Lars." Looks like he finally had enough of the Kool-Aid they're serving there.

Is he posting elsewhere?

Anybody heard from him lately? I guess he's not posting at CF anymore. He last posted 29NOV09, "You guys go do what you want. I'm done with this crap. If you want solid tech advice, you know where to find me. Bye. Lars." Looks like he finally had enough of the Kool-Aid they're serving there.

Is he posting elsewhere?
Not that I know of. You can e-mail him and ask. This is sad when knowledgeable guys are pissed off so much that they leave.

I just used google search: he's on several forums. I am not surprised he had enough at this one particular forum....

I just used google search: he's on several forums. I am not surprised he had enough at this one particular forum....

Yeh, I heard he was retiring and not doing carbs anymore, shame, really, as a good carb man is hard to find....30 years ago I gave up on a old Qjet and sent to off to Brad Urban out on the Coast....Ontario Carb shop I understand he died some time ago....but that thing came back freeking PURRFECT, nothing like having the proper shit to do the job right....

much less knowing exactly what you are doing.....

I honestly thing FI is easier, really, in spite of my rough idle problems....

Ya know, I just got a PM from a mod here, nice PM asking about some crap where I was referenced on another forum.

I have come to the conclusion with all the bullshit on the internet perhaps I am just not cut out for it. Perhaps Lars came to the same conclusion. there's a few bright people, smart, intelligent the problem is they are drowned out in a sea of leg humping magazine reading keyboard jockies who should not be giving advice about lawnmowers passing around information about high performance motors like they are Sonny fuckin' Lenoard.

I just got into yet another bullshit throwing session on yet another forum where I apparently alienated people, despite the nice PMs I get.

Some people are just not cut out for the internet, or forums. Seems to me like all forums degrade into nothing more than a place where the illiterate can get together and talk about their cool parts and how great they are. These aren't hotrodders, they aren't mecahnics, they aren't engine guys, they are ricers with V8 motors, and IMO it has destroyed what forums, message boards, and the internet could have been.

They have no interest by learning from older guys who have done this once or twice, like Lars. They don't want to know or understand anything. They just want to measure their dick by who has the coolest parts.

Blind acceptance, peer validation, childlike peer pressure has destroyed many forums, and the internet in general.

I can empathize with Lars.

I just got into yet another bullshit throwing session on yet another forum where I apparently alienated people, despite the nice PMs I get.

Blind acceptance, peer validation, childlike peer pressure has destroyed many forums, and the internet in general.

I agree with you concerning people who love to toot there own horn. There will always be people who love to hear themselves talk out loud, & pat themselves on their own back. We don't have to listen to them. We can just sit back & laugh, and they will evently go away. Publicity good or bad is what they live for!. I don't hang out on many forums for that reason. But there are alot of good people on this forum that are just " good people ". I choose to ask & listen for their help.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree with you concerning people who love to toot there own horn. There will always be people who love to hear themselves talk out loud, & pat themselves on their own back. We don't have to listen to them. We can just sit back & laugh, and they will evently go away. Publicity good or bad is what they live for!. I don't hang out on many forums for that reason. But there are alot of good people on this forum that are just " good people ". I choose to ask & listen for their help.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Apparently, I don't posses that level of self control and it pisses people off. I envy Lars being able to just fall off the map.

Lars and I still keep in touch. He will still answer any question at [email protected].
He is, however, retired from doing carbs and dizzys, and is now concentrating on his own Vette projects. Please don't bother asking him about rebuilds.
However, he is always willing to help with knowledge.

Ya know, I just got a PM from a mod here, nice PM asking about some crap where I was referenced on another forum.

I have come to the conclusion with all the bullshit on the internet perhaps I am just not cut out for it. Perhaps Lars came to the same conclusion. there's a few bright people, smart, intelligent the problem is they are drowned out in a sea of leg humping magazine reading keyboard jockies who should not be giving advice about lawnmowers passing around information about high performance motors like they are Sonny fuckin' Lenoard.

Some people are just not cut out for the internet, or forums. Seems to me like all forums degrade into nothing more than a place where the illiterate can get together and talk about their cool parts and how great they are. These aren't hotrodders, they aren't mecahnics, they aren't engine guys, they are ricers with V8 motors, and IMO it has destroyed what forums, message boards, and the internet could have been.

They have no interest by learning from older guys who have done this once or twice, like Lars. They don't want to know or understand anything. They just want to measure their dick by who has the coolest parts.

John, The situation you find yourself in now is the same as others, a supporting vendor doesn't like what you have to say about the product they are trying to sell. In other cases, they don't want people like GTR1999 and Lars (and others) showing people how to rebuild parts. By "they", I mean CF. So, you were banned, they win.

I hope you can see that VetteMOD is a refuge from that kind of crap. We have nothing to sell and, a large percentage of members who are looking for unbiased information (not information from a brochure).

Don't get discouraged with all forums, just all the "other" forums;)

John, The situation you find yourself in now is the same as others, a supporting vendor doesn't like what you have to say about the product they are trying to sell. In other cases, they don't want people like GTR1999 and Lars (and others) showing people how to rebuild parts. By "they", I mean CF. So, you were banned, they win.

I hope you can see that VetteMOD is a refuge from that kind of crap. We have nothing to sell and, a large percentage of members who are looking for unbiased information (not information from a brochure).

I'd believe that, but it was more than just CF. Clearly Guru too, got banned there. Pissed off management over there. I know I irritated at least two people at Hotrodders, but I've received supportive PMs from others. It would be nice to have a discussion about something without some magazine reading idiot say "buy this" because it's cool. No substance there.

Just seems prevalent.

I'd believe that, but it was more than just CF. Clearly Guru too, got banned there. Pissed off management over there. I know I irritated at least two people at Hotrodders, but I've received supportive PMs from others. It would be nice to have a discussion about something without some magazine reading idiot say "buy this" because it's cool. No substance there.

Just seems prevalent.

JAKE/Guru got banned over there??? what HE do???

damn shame....

I going to PM him, we talk back channel some over the years....

:gurney:

Just seems prevalent.

JAKE/Guru got banned over there??? what HE do???

damn shame....

I going to PM him, we talk back channel some over the years....

:gurney:

No Gene, I managed to get myself banned from Guru when the cool parts mafia came piling on.

hehe.....What bird's phrase there,?? chrome don't get you home....

one glance at my car, and well, lets just say its a constant work in progress, to be self congratulatory.....

:waxer::cry:

Lars and I still keep in touch. He will still answer any question at [email protected].
He is, however, retired from doing carbs and dizzys, and is now concentrating on his own Vette projects. Please don't bother asking him about rebuilds.
However, he is always willing to help with knowledge.

Too bad he doesn't join here and post up his projects.

Maybe he's just tired of spending too much time on this box, answering the same damn questions over and over because people can't be bothered to find his papers & read & understand them, when he could be out playing cars.

Maybe he's just tired of spending too much time on this box, answering the same damn questions over and over because people can't be bothered to find his papers & read & understand them, when he could be out playing cars.

Good point, I figger the way I do things is a bit offbeat to some others, and for me to explain it in some 'paper' or something is more than I care to type up.....
I get tired of the same old shit over and over and yet again, also.....

:crap::waxer: