TurtleVette: Dynalite caliper soft lines?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I was going to PM Turtle, but given that several people have explored putting Wilwood Dynalite calipers on their C3, I thought I'd publicly post this question to TV. I'm plumbing my brakes right now ('69 with C4 suspension and Wilwood Dynalite calipers), and I'm at the point where I need to dig through the local parts store's selection of soft lines. I'm just curious what you used. My rear suspension setup is very different than yours, obviously, but for all intent, the front A-arm setup isn't that different regarding plumbing issues. What soft lines did you use?

thanks,
Mike

Most wilwood calipers, including the DL are all set up for 1/8 NPT thread so you can screw whatever adapter you like in there. Easiest would be either a banjo or a /3 to 1/8npt adapter for a -3 line

Yeah, I was waiting to figure out what flex line setup I was going to use before I then chose a fitting for the caliper. I've been messing with the m/c and the rear setup mostly, but I figured Turtle's front setup (hose length and part number) might be something to look at to see if it would work with my caliper positioning.

I cobbled something together with the stock line and hardware from Home Depot because i was in a hurry to get back on the road and didn't have the right parts. That was about 4 years ago. I have the correct parts in a box in my office.

There is an adapter from the hard line on the frame, then a russell braided line then a 90 degree adapter. I'll go dust the stuff off and post the part numbers.

adapter to hard line - Russell Endura 3/8 x 24 -3 female brake fitting part #641291 2 per package
90 degree fitting for caliper - Russell Endura Elbow 90* x -3 Flare x 1/8 NPT part #660791
brake line - Earl's 16" Hose Asy #3 Fem SWVL part # 63010116ERL

Obviously i don't know if 16" is right since i haven't installed it yet. Those are all Jegs part numbers.

Last edited: