BBC push rod guides

bahamasair

I found a hairline crack on one of my guide plates and was wondering if it would be ok just to weld it up? I wouldn't worry about it but its at the base of the fingers that actually hold the push rod in place. I'm really fucking sick and tired of finding different problems every weekend when I'm trying to get this pos put back together and would like to finally close this sack of shit up.
So should I weld it and forget it or is there too much stress on the tips that hold the push rod straight?
Thanks

if your decent with a welder its as good as new once youve carefully ground the weld flat, and btw if your valve train geometrys correct theres almost NO STRESS on the guide plates because they seldom even touch the pushrod

btw
product_photo-xlarge_image-103.jpg

http://www.dartheads.com/ftp/Online Part Number Sheets/Rocker Stud ETC Sheet.htm
they make adjustable guide plates

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply bud. I went ahead and ordered a new one. If I get time to work on it before it gets here Ill just weld it. I saw the adjustable ones from dart but I only found the 3/8 ones on Summit and Jegs and my push rods are 7/16. I only had one that I had to adjust at all as it looks like whoever first built this motor already tweaked them all to line the rockers up pretty well.