Another OT score: Shortwave radios

JPhil

Huh?
66497bc38903183.jpg

Wow! A realtor freind of mine called last night and told me of a house where the old man died & the kids were offloading all his stuff and one asked in passing if she knew anybody into "old ham radios". She said, "Well, actually,yes I do..." and called me. I went over this morning and they gave me this 'stuff' rather than throw it in a dumpster....
One each National HRO (pre-war) & a National HRO 50T (post war) recievers with over a dozen tuning coils, plus a bunch of other miscellaneous related stuff--amps & accessories, etc. These are top of the line shortwave recievers, the preferred units of wartime users, including the Allied military, with knock-offs made by the Axis & Soviet powers. The classic shortwave radio recievers of their day.

Man are they cool!

Now I just have to figure out what to do with them--I ain't gonna e-bay them, I'll make them come to life again!

"Real radios glow in the dark".....

Just part of my rebellion against the internet computer age---anybody can clickety-click wvw.easyaspie.cum and get 20,000,000,000 instant responses, but it takes love & patience to search the ether for scratchy, fading voices from around the world......And when the 'grid' fails, whether from high winds, blizzards, sunspot storms or nuclear atmospheric detonations, amateur radio will still be there, saving your ass!!@!

66497bc38903183.jpg

Wow! A realtor freind of mine called last night and told me of a house where the old man died & the kids were offloading all his stuff and one asked in passing if she knew anybody into "old ham radios". She said, "Well, actually,yes I do..." and called me. I went over this morning and they gave me this 'stuff' rather than throw it in a dumpster....
One each National HRO (pre-war) & a National HRO 50T (post war) recievers with over a dozen tuning coils, plus a bunch of other miscellaneous related stuff--amps & accessories, etc. These are top of the line shortwave recievers, the preferred units of wartime users, including the Allied military, with knock-offs made by the Axis & Soviet powers. The classic shortwave radio recievers of their day.

Man are they cool!

Now I just have to figure out what to do with them--I ain't gonna e-bay them, I'll make them come to life again!

"Real radios glow in the dark".....

Just part of my rebellion against the internet computer age---anybody can clickety-click wvw.easyaspie.cum and get 20,000,000,000 instant responses, but it takes love & patience to search the ether for scratchy, fading voices from around the world......And when the 'grid' fails, whether from high winds, blizzards, sunspot storms or nuclear atmospheric detonations, amateur radio will still be there, saving your ass!!@!

Amen! You don't need a ISP

:rolleyes:I got no idea what an "ISP" is except that I remember a girl in second grade who had surgery to correct hers--she turned into a real looker as she grew older, & that scar on her lip was pretty exotic, erotic, & mysterious.....

Or am I confused?:footmouth:

Last edited:
Jphil....go to my site there below, and click on my buddy's place...

I was in radio ham/electronics club with him back in HS daze.....

he is in Ft. Worthless Tx.....

his whole house is like that.....

:gurney:

Damn cool JPhil. I wouldn't know where to start with stuff like that but it IS cool when you hear a scratchy voice come out of the ether. Years ago I was doing an engine ground run on an F111 aircraft with a radar tech in the cockpit with me. He fired up the radio and we ended up "chatting" to a ham operator in Germany (from Australia)! I was suitably impressed!

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on with it :thumbs:

Last edited: